Whats your dream guitar?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mister Joshua said:
Actually Daryl, the Music Man floyd is a Gotoh made bridge. I have one on my Axis and it is actually better (IMO) than the German or Schaller systems. It comes stock with a solid brass sustain block. The only thing i fault on the Gotoh is the fact that they use custom size lock blocks, you know those black pot metal things that always break. Other than that it is a great system. The only system i like better is the Edge, and it too is made by Gotoh.

Peace, Joshua
The Gotoh is a nice unit and I own an Ibanez RG3120 with an Edge unit on it. I have to say though that I much prefer the German made Floyds because of several reasons. I own a modded one that kicks ***. You mentioned the string lock blocks breaking and I know what that is like. I use titanium ones now and at 140,000 PSI, they don't break. You can get more options with a German Floyd than any other. You can get upgraded sustain blocks in brass and titanium, upgraded titanium saddles, stainless steel hardware. Really killer stuff. Check out: http://www.floydupgrades.com/catalog/
This site has stuff for all the different Floyds as well. If you really like to whammy, this is the place to get some of the good stuff. It's what a lot of pros use. Adam is a great guy to work with as well.
FU sells big blocks for many of the major Floyd versions and they work awesome. Here is an example from a Guitar World review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sZ3w_Qwq2Q

I use the Floydupgrades stuff and it is indeed killer. I use the big brass blocks on both my German made originals and my Gotoh. I do not use titanium saddles or sustain blocks because it adds a shrill high pitch unpleasantness to my sound. I do however use the titanium lock blocks which is how i found out the Gotoh does not use standard size lock blocks. I do not blast the German stuff at all but merely say that swapping a Gotoh unit for a German unit would be like swapping a new Ford for a new Ford. You'll just spend a lot of money for the same performance. My 2 cents.

Peace, Joshua

Dream guitar?
boatguitar.jpg

I played mine the other day: Ibanez SV5470F

sv5470f.jpg

I've always played my trusty S470 after learning to play on the cheapo GSA.
Then I wanted something more stratty, got a custom built strat.. Slowly modded that to more heavyness (humbucker, thick strings)

Now this is the perfect combination of super comfort, superstrat sounds and regular strat sounds.
Sounds awesome, plays unbelievably smooth.. even in the store, without extra set up tweakage! :D

So.. saving everything I have now to get this :D

Since I'm a Metallica freak. I'm going to have to pick two. James' EET FUK and Kirk's Mummy. Either one and I'd die a happy man.

right now my dream guitar is this one: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-PM120-Electric-Guitar-519486-i1150622.gc

But I'll probably end up trading in my P90 Epi Les Paul for this one:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Artcore-AG75-Electric-Guitar-101955490-i1150599.gc

I tried out the last one. Feels really nice in the hands. I've also got a Super 58 PAF that will go in the neck that I paid $30 for. It had been ordered by someone who never picked it up. Unforturnately it the Super 58 is gold, but who cares?

ATM EJ Fender strat.... or else maybe a EC strat. Gibson's LP Studio and custom paintjob :)

PRS Hollowbody II w/piezo...couldn't justify buying it instead of my 3 CE's.(

:D I actually searched for this thread after I made this discovery!!

Ibanez has released my dreamguitar!
http://www.musicpower.com/mmGUITARTRADER/Images/EGIBCV-S5470QSP-f.jpg

It's the Ibanez S5470Q, with quilted maple top and a gorgious colour! :D
That's such an awesome guitar to play, same neck as my SV5470F, but with the ZR2 trem, which is just the ultimate!!
Maybe I'd change the neck pickup to a True Duo Blast like the SV for some more versatility.. but that's it. :D

edit:
I've just noticed, on the last page I mentioned the SV .. I've got it now :D
Awesome guitar .. already lusting for the next .. it never ends :oops: :roll:
In terms of tones it's perfect .. but I'm missing the floyd. ;)

I don't think one guitar would cover everything for me, but my perfect metal axe would be a Firebird all-mahogany neck-thru w/ string-thru tail, ebony board, full-size HBs, Jackson-style neck profile and 12/16" CR fretboard w/ SS jumbo frets....

...in silverburst 8)

I had a PRS Custom 24, didn't like the trem, sold it when I got married with children.
I had the natural quilt Jackson PC-1, loved it, sold it when I got married with children.
I had the Ibanez Prestige RG1570 flame top with scalloped frets, sold it when I got married with children.

I WISH I had gotten one of these KE-1 Marty Friedman models, it has the fastest neck mof any neck thru guitar i ever played. Kahler, single pickup, really nice.

kellyke1ax0.jpg

I'd also like one of these 27 fret babies

TAT20Special20Amber1-1.jpg

Well, I pieced together one of my "dream guitars." This is my Warmoth "Star" guitar.

IrisandWarmoth.jpg

Neck: Maple/Maple, 22 frets, "Wizard" profile, bolt-on construction, abalone inlays, my signature on the headstock :D

Body: Alder, "contoured" heel

Pickups: DiMarzio Super Distortion Bridge Pickup, DiMarzio D-Activator Nec Pickup

Hardware: Schaller-Floyd floating tremolo, Gotoh tuners, Fender Volume/Tone/Pickup Switch/Pots/Jack, Tremol-No

My other "dream guitars" are a Jackson Warrior with a "Speed Neck," reverse headstock, and a Green-Yellow burst or a Jackson Star with the same. Both would be neck-through designs. :twisted:

I have a few

1. Similar to a Jackson DK2M, but neck thru, fixed bridge, and reverse headstock

2. PRS SC in a trans blue finish

disk11 said:
I have a few

1. Similar to a Jackson DK2M, but neck thru, fixed bridge, and reverse headstock

2. PRS SC in a trans blue finish

Pics? :D

I also have a 1980s BC Rich NJ Series Mockingbird, 1994 Fender Telecaster Plus, 2003 Jackson USA KV2, 2010/2011 Jackson JS32 Warrior, 2 acoustics, and a 2010 Squier Affinity bass guitar.

:twisted:

Man that Jackson KE1 in Trans Black is **** nice.

In truth while I wouldn't change my dream guitar (been a dream of mine since I was 12), I don't think I would ever be a 1 guitar kind of guy (assuming no financial hard times).

But a collection would be:
Jackson: modified "Concorde", KV Pro (own already), Soloist
Charvel: Star, SoCal
Gibson: Gold Top LP (with P90s)
Fender: Iron Maiden MIJ Strat

I can't just pick one because of the differant styles I play.

I do own my favorite Metal guitar!

American made 1982 B.C. Rich ***** neck through 1in cloud maple top with mahogany back and full active electeonics. :twisted: