Lynch Box line to undergo a makeover.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to see them do away with the skull and bones, but that's Mr. Scary for you. I was thinking of getting an auto logo to put there. VW, Audi, Porsche.

I still think purple tolex would be the bomb. Purple with silver piping with teh black front with the Randall logo, and in the lower corner a small Lynch logo.

You guys are gonna hate me, but I like the green tolex, skull and bones business! Although, a dragon graphic of sorts would've been cool too... it is George Lynch.

The only other design he could have thought of would've been some black/yellow/orange(or purple) type of tiger stripe graphic, but THAT would've been real tacky!

Tiger stripe graphics would necessitate a fuzzy handle and accompanying SRV style pimp hat (with feather to match the fuzzy handle) for you to wear. Maybe add fuzzy piping around the front of the amp.

the lynch box has gone under some changes and you'll see them at NAMM.

it isn't modular anymore, but still has the "grail, judge, and mr. scary module" wired in. (so no swapping of modules...just lynch and more lynch) 3 channels with some cosmetic changes.

the cab is special as well with a redesign.

there is also a killer little 50 watt combo that will be new to the line as well.

george rules.

RD/Steve said:
it isn't modular anymore, but still has the "grail, judge, and mr. scary module" wired in. (so no swapping of modules...just lynch and more lynch) 3 channels with some cosmetic changes.

So, is there no clean channel? Will there still be an MTS Lynch line of modules?

Seems kind of "back tracking" to not make it a modular amp anymore. Seeing what Lynch was using and then discovering the modulareness of it all is the reason I am here in the first place. Oh well, I hope it does well for Randall.

The more I think about this, the more I am not sure I like the idea of George not being associated with the MTS. Of the stock modules (excluding SL+), I think most people felt the Lynch modules were the best out of the box. Obviously if the design is there & they just rebadge it like the 1086, then no problem other than no more tinkering/changing designs of the Lynch modules by GL.

I can appreciate Lynch not going modular. It makes sense that if he has found the 3 tones he wants & is not changing them, then his amp might as well be hardwired.
:twisted: WARNING RUMOR MONGERING TO COMMENCE :twisted: So I wonder if the LB modular design was Lynch's way to tweak tone without having to argue with brass about designing a whole new amp. Once he decided on a set 2 or 3 tones then go to brass & say build me this amp. :lol:

My question would then be: Why is George choosing to leave the MTS platform for a hardwired version. Are there any practical reasons for this change. Perhaps tonal differences. It certainly seems as though he would have a more flexible rig with the modular system.
I can see why some folks are getting edgy about the MTS series future. It seems like there is an exodus from the MTS series. :?

Sounds intresting can you give any more details Steve ..
Has Lynch gone over the top with the look >?? lol can you give any info is this new head the work of George and Randall or was Freidman involved in the voicing
If I had to guess i would say similar to the RT100 maybe but with internal green glow???

Daryl said:
My question would then be: Why is George choosing to leave the MTS platform for a hardwired version. Are there any practical reasons for this change. Perhaps tonal differences. It certainly seems as though he would have a more flexible rig with the modular system.
I can see why some folks are getting edgy about the MTS series future. It seems like there is an exodus from the MTS series. :?

George doesn't play clean.

I won't be running out to buy a "new" Lynch Box anytime soon thats for sure... I really like the MTS concept and will continue on with that.

AS for why... maybe there is a tonal difference... maybe certain ppl were on board and certain ppl were not and to use the MTS line involved some conflicts... maybe the new LB will be high end produciton like Soldano or something.

I also hear George is doing a Signature 50 watt greenback with Celestion. That sounds interesting.

Anyone hear try the Lynch Signature Spectraflex cable... It's basically the same cable as the Fastoflex with some cool ends... it does sound ballsy though :)

I guess the power section could be tweaked to be more optimized for higher gain channels. There wouldn't have to be a compromise to make a clean channel sound right.

Latest posts