Slodano?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own an RM amp, but i'd just buy the preamp on it's own even though I have no use for it! I wonder if it coud be grafted into a RG50??? Hmmmm......

I got one of these coming in the mail, should be here today cant wait!!!
bought it on here the other day!!!!!

Email sent Pete.... gotta buy a module to have this done. Hope this doesn't put me in the poor house. :lol:

just a quick question for pete. do the prices listed on your webpage include the module or would i have to suply the module??

Sorry guys, been soldering a lot. Vitamin G, you're from the JCF right? Hey man, how have ya been? :)

Pete

Yep, old JCFer here. I've been well, thanks for asking. Haven't seen you over there for a while so it's nice to see you busy here. You still building amps, or just devoting yourself to mods now?

Seriously, that is the best name ever...."SLODANO".....love it!

Great tone to boot!

Drewiv is probably sick of hearing me say it...but I really love this Slodano module. Pete did an incredible job with this one. I'd still be pretty happy with the MTS series if this were the only module offered...that's coming from a guy with 30+ modules. Great job Pete.

Jerome Allen said:
Drewiv is probably sick of hearing me say it...but I really love this Slodano module. Pete did an incredible job with this one. I'd still be pretty happy with the MTS series if this were the only module offered...that's coming from a guy with 30+ modules. Great job Pete.

... never. Although, I would like some time with it. :wink:

Well, my love for this module played a big part in my decision to go out and get a Soldano SLO100 a few months ago. Although the SLO edges out Pete's mod...it is not by a lot. In fact, I think I will be recording (direct) with Pete's mod instead of the SLO100. I could certainly live with either tone.

Some observations :

a) the Slodano, like the SLO100, likes the gain between 6-7.
b) The Slodano does a pretty good job of cleaning up when the volume is rolled down on the guitar. It might not be quite as good as the SLO100 here...but you have to be splitting hairs to complain about the difference.
c) the SLO100 is a little quieter, though the Slodano is not bad at all.
d) The Slodano has a more "normal" eq. I leave the mids flat and give a slight boost to the lows and highs. Whereas, on the SLO100 I have to crank the bass, leave the mids flat, and cut the highs a lot.
e) Both do a great job of maintaing note definition at high gain...which is VERY important to me.
f) both do a great job of "thumping" some palm muted notes...another important thing to me.
g) both just "cut though" like mad.

I've actually considered talking to Pete about building me a 50 watt 1x12 combo amp with his single channel Slodano circuit in it...something for smaller gigs, rehearsals, ect.

Bottom line is : if you have only $300, get Pete's mod. If you have $3000, get the SLO100 AND Pete's mod.

Jerome Allen said:
Well, my love for this module played a big part in my decision to go out and get a Soldano SLO100 a few months ago. Although the SLO edges out Pete's mod...it is not by a lot. In fact, I think I will be recording (direct) with Pete's mod instead of the SLO100. I could certainly live with either tone. combo amp with his single channel Slodano circuit in it...something for smaller gigs, rehearsals, ect.

Bottom line is : if you have only $300, get Pete's mod. If you have $3000, get the SLO100 AND Pete's mod.
How does the Pete mod stack up against the Salvation Salvado? Do you have any experience with that particular mod. I would like to get the best sound possible. I really like the midrange of the SLO100 it cuts and the lows sound so sweet palm muted. I got a Gigmods Twin a while back and it sounds absolutely clear and big. I have been looking for that perfect SLO tone. You seem very confident in the Pete SLO.

Daryl said:
How does the Pete mod stack up against the Salvation Salvado?

Well, I have the Salvado and Jerome has the Slodano. We have yet to put them up head-to-head and have been meaning to do this for some time now. Hopefully sometime soon (maybe after the holidays) we can get this done and report back.

Yeah, we need to get together to do that comparison. I've heard a lot of great things about the Salvado also.

mfshockey said:
Maybe after the holidays we can do Salvado vs SLO100 as well as Mamba vs Cobra?!?!?

We can do a lot of fun stuff. We'll have to get that practice spot for a couple extra hours next time and do some head-to-heads with a lot of gear we have. Salvado v Slodano v SLO100. Mamba v Cobra. Anyone have a JCM800 that we know?