New to Paypal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD

Reaction score
Ok, I set up a Paypal a while ago when I was first interesting in buying here...I got confused, never used it and have since used money orders to make purchases. I'm trying again to understand how Paypal gets used here. If I am buying and need to send money, do I hit "send money", then "purchase goods"? Will it then take me to a page where I put in my credit card info and Paypal will take the money from my credit card? I'd rather not link Paypal directly to my bank account and I don't currently have any funds in Paypal to buy with. I'm trying to figure it out, since it's a hassle more me and the seller to use money orders and I feel I'm missing out on buying some great modules here.
Thanks for any help.

JD said:
Ok, I set up a Paypal a while ago when I was first interesting in buying here...I got confused, never used it and have since used money orders to make purchases. I'm trying again to understand how Paypal gets used here. If I am buying and need to send money, do I hit "send money", then "purchase goods"? Will it then take me to a page where I put in my credit card info and Paypal will take the money from my credit card? I'd rather not link Paypal directly to my bank account and I don't currently have any funds in Paypal to buy with. I'm trying to figure it out, since it's a hassle more me and the seller to use money orders and I feel I'm missing out on buying some great modules here.
Thanks for any help.

Yeah you pretty much need to link it to your bank account then it is used like a credit card pretty much. It is SUPER safe and most of the guys on here (the ones who are bad are no longer with us, so you're probably good) are very cool, honest guys. Feel safe using paypal here :).

chuckmehh said:
JD said:
Thanks for any help.

Yeah you pretty much need to link it to your bank account then it is used like a credit card pretty much. It is SUPER safe and most of the guys on here (the ones who are bad are no longer with us, so you're probably good) are very cool, honest guys. Feel safe using paypal here :).

Chuckmehh is right on this for sure. I have been using Paypal for over 6 years and have had no bad experiences. It makes it really easy to make money transfers quickly and safely. Paypal even gives you purchase protection. It links to your bank account, but that is not a bad thing. Actually, I used Paypal today to buy a Gigmods Twin module from El Dangeroso, Tobin, using Paypal. I emailed him to see if it was available, he sent back that he had it, gave me his Paypal email address, and I paid up in minutes. He then got back to me quickly and told me it's going to be shipped tomorrow. Just like that and within a few minutes. It actually gives you more of a paper trail if things go funky. I've bought a few things here and no problems, only good deals. This is a great forum and you will find some great deals here. When you go to sell something and someone bounces you a Paypal payment in seconds I think you will really dig that. Get on with Paypal. You will love it. I wouldn't bullshit you. Peace.
:twisted: :shock: :twisted:

So you both say I need to link it to a bank account? It won't just ask me for a credit card number after I click on purchase goods?
I agree that is a great way buy something and to transfer money. Heck, I think I would of already spent a few grand here this year if I used Paypal. lol

JD said:
So you both say I need to link it to a bank account? It won't just ask me for a credit card number after I click on purchase goods?
I agree that is a great way buy something and to transfer money. Heck, I think I would of already spent a few grand here this year if I used Paypal. lol

I don't have my Paypal linked to a bank account. You just need a credit/debit card number to use as your main and backup funding source(s). It's safe and easy and so many places accept Paypal now that it come in really handy.

Ok, thanks. I guess that's the info I needed. Hopefully all goes well when I try buying something from one of you. Now, somebody sell me a cool module! :D

chuckmehh said:
JD said:
Thanks for any help.

+1