Randall needs a professional vid of the RT series

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dead By Dawn

Reaction score
I'm a current Randall owner and I REALLY want to pull the trigger and buy an RT 100, but I can't after seeing the limited youtube videos available. Frankly, they all make the amp sound like garbage. All of the mic'd demos are fuzzy and distorted, and the non-mic'd demos are recorded with cell phone cameras so you can't get an accurate feel. Many youtube commenters say the amp sounds so much better in person, but I can't trust them when all I have are the youtube vids to go by. And none of the authorized dealers listed on Randall's site that I've called have it in stock, so I can't walk into a store and try it for myself.

Randall needs to produce its own professional video that accurately shows off the amp. Either that or start getting it in stores. Posting links to the Tone King is more likely to discourage people like myself from buying it.

What do you think of this demo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVZ1adVLWM
What Randall gear do you currently have?

I currently own a RG50TC and I've played an RM100 (which is awesome but a little more than I want to spend). The PremierGuitar vid sounds too fuzzy, as if the mic is too close, especially during the soloing at 4:05. Several of the commenters on the thread also point out that it sounds different in reality, and that the mic doesn't pick up its true sound. Most other commenters agree that the amp sounds really bad in that demo. (For the record, I'm not one the commenters on that thread.)

I'm still leaning towards buying it because I trust Randall, but I'm holding off on my purchase until I can hear more of it.

Rather than buy a new RT100, which is probably a pretty killler amp, I would suggest buying a used MTS rig. I own an RM100 and it is really a killer amp that allows you so much more flexibility than any other all tube head on the market. The market right now is not very good for resale on any amps so one can be purchased for pretty cheap right now, but I don't know how long that bubble will last. The used prices for an RM100 range from $400-600 unloaded and $700-1000 loaded. The modules can run you $100-450 depending on whether or not they have been professionally modded. That is where the fun begins. You can get an RM100 pretty easily for $500 and build up your rig by buying different modules for a little over $100(sometimes under)and having them professionally modded. The guys on the forum also sell and trade modules and you will find some sick deals in the MTS classifieds. So realistically, you could have an RM100 ($500) and buy 5 modules for it @$100 and still be under the RT100s $1000 price tag. It's much more flexible, it's fun to have extra sounds to go to, and the guys on the forum are really good people. They will answer any questions and are trustworthy to purchase from. I have bought and sold here and I have really been stoked by the results. Think about it and check out the MTS section of this forum, bro... :D