Hiwatt module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Was just curious... does anybody here make a Hiwatt (DR-103, DG/CP-504) module? That's one of the few tones I haven't found a suitable replacement for since I started playing MTS gear again.

Thanks,
--B

At the moment, none that I know of.

But I'm gonna make the suggestion!
Already have some mod names floating around! :D

bduersch said:
Was just curious... does anybody here make a Hiwatt (DR-103, DG/CP-504) module? That's one of the few tones I haven't found a suitable replacement for since I started playing MTS gear again.

Thanks,
--B

I can look into it for you. I've already got the schems (dr-103, dr-504), but haven't compared them as a dual module.

I wasn't even thinking about a dual-channel module per se; I was just thinking through some of the more popular Hiwatts I've seen over the years. I'd probably settle for any of 'em in module form. :)

--B

A Hiwatt module would rule! Combine it with a Lynch Box cab and a Strat for some sick Gilmour tones :D Or a Marshall cab and an SG Special for some Who!

I thought Gilmour used the alembic f-2b preamp with just the Hiwatt power section. I believe it is based on a Blackface Fender Dual Showman.

A Blackface module + EL34's might get you in the ballpark, though I'm sure any of the modders here could add some secret sauce to make it better. It's what makes the MTS design brilliant!

The Super V with the gain maxed with EL34s gets pretty close. It could use just a touch more gain.

he used an Alembic for a short time but all his main signature tones come from the Hiwatt.

http://www.gilmourish.com/ for more than you ever wanted to know about David's gear and it's evolution.

and I would LOVE a Hiwatt mod. been begging for one since i got into MTS gear. however i have an idea to make it more accurate, if your a pro modder, PM me and i have an idea i would like to know if it would work or not. thanks.

Shinozoku said:
Add to the modules that I MUST get from Antony :)

Custom Angel, Mamba, Loneclean, now Hiwatt :)
Yeah ... I stopped with the list and replaced it with 3 words:
All of 'em.

;)

Conceptual and graphic work is in progress for this mod!
(disclaimer: that doesn't say anything about the ETA of it. ;) )

m0jo said:
Shinozoku said:

All of 'em.

;)

Your ZL+ is proof of that :p

I'd LOVE all of them, but I'm thinking practically :p

I want a Gigmods Slodano, definitely. I plan on using it for leadds and my Thrash project.
Loneclean will remain the same throughout alll my projects.
Angel is for my prog/power metal band :p
Mamba for my death metal projects, and maybe for an alternate tone in my prog/power project.

I need a rack setup :lol:

Shinozoku said:
m0jo said:
Shinozoku said:

All of 'em.

;)

Your ZL+ is proof of that :p

I'd LOVE all of them, but I'm thinking practically :p

I want a Gigmods Slodano, definitely. I plan on using it for leadds and my Thrash project.
Loneclean will remain the same throughout alll my projects.
Angel is for my prog/power metal band :p
Mamba for my death metal projects, and maybe for an alternate tone in my prog/power project.

I need a rack setup :lol:
Ouch, good one ;)
Believe me though, it's coming!

Yeah, I am so glad now that I went for rack instead of RM100 ;) And I'm sure it's a matter of time before I'm at Mattfigs level! :lol:
Amost bought a second RM4 last week.. but it was gone before I got there (was on sale for 400 euro including 4 modules :shock: )

Still it needs some tweaking and fine tuning, but basic concept is done:

h_watt_progress.jpg

Two channels Brilliant and Normal are not switched, but you can blend them together(!)

Thanks to Joris aka m0jo for his work on design, it is really top notch!