GTO The Judge George Lynch Module Quick Review!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squid Music

Reaction score
So they do exist! Finally today we got in our first The Judge modules and I just got done giving one a quick spin. We don't even have owners manuals for them yet so my take on the two switches is that the Bright switch is not mislabeled. It really makes a noticeable difference. I almost always flip the bright switches to "on" with the MTS modules and on this one I think it's better with it off.

The Mode switch seems to flip between a very cool and fairly accurate sounding Plexi. It does a great, crunchy, very Marshally sounding classic rock tone. Very cool and by memory I'm digging it more than the regular Plexi module and the Brahma.

Then flip the switch and we have KILLER, modded Marshall. The modded Marshall tone of this amp just rips. It is absolutely my favorite tone of any MTS module I have ever heard. Point of reference is that the SL+ is my favorite module to this point but this one is just an absolute blast to play through. Unfortunately, (fortunately!) it is too busy right now to spend more time playing through it. I plan to get to it ASAP tomorrow.

Curt?

Would love to hear it .... and probably buy one...LOL

The Lynch sigs are the best stock modules the line has to offer.

I was waiting for this to download while typing the review. This is just the camera in Jay's Droid X phone and I haven't played all day but enough excuses. I'll try and do something of better quality tomorrow if I get a chance. Again, this module has me hyped UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_jmlxTGzo

Nice natural reverb from teh shop on that...does sound good, is that through a lynch box cab or something else?

EDIT: Killer lookin' Charvel too..what is that? :shock: 8)

JKD said:
Nice natural reverb from teh shop on that...does sound good, is that through a lynch box cab or something else?

EDIT: Killer lookin' Charvel too..what is that? :shock: 8)

Yes, Lynch Box head and cab. The Charvel is just a USA Production that I customized to my taste. I am doing the same sort of mods on one of the new made in Japan Pro Mods. Those seem to be just as good as the US ones.

The pickup is a prototype that I am working on with a boutique pickup builder up in LA. His stuff rules. His "brown" style pickup is in my other Charvel, but this one is a little meaner than that without being that high output.

It sounds alot like my Friedman Plexi. He calls that second switch "saturate".

this is good news and the new module sounds pretty kick ***... nice guitar and nice playing and thanks for getting the video out quickly.

Ultron said:
pics or it's a Bugera module :lol:

Pics in our ebay auction. I don't want to SPAM too heavily here. I have just spent another 15 minutes playing it today and this is the module I grab if I can only own one module.

Dayum...no monies :-(

I'll SPAM it for Curt:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130467902044

More vids & audio please. Hot **** now I have to get another Lynch module. Scary, Grail on the way, & now I want this. What can I sell now, I'm really not wanting to wait until 1 comes up used.

Curt refering to your ebay listing on sale price. Squid is the only place we will see it advertised. :lol:

here's Squid music's ebay photobucket photo, hope they don't mind the link
DSCN2012.jpg

are those knobs a regular chrome or a black chrome? on my laptop, they look darked tinted.

I will bite after the first of the year. Too much going on for me right now. I loved the BE I had for a while. I really wish I had kept it and this sounds like it is pretty similar with more options to go along with the Dave F vibe.