holy **** this SS amp is pretty awsome!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is :D I heard about it a few months ago and was wowed by the tone and dynamics of it. I'd like to find one to try in person.

It made me wanna get a Ceriatone kit and get the required transistors and other mods to make a SS Plexi or JMP :p

The secret to a great SS amp is to build it like a tube amp. Almost exactly like a tube amp, but with transistors in the place of the tubes and the required differences made to the voltage and power.

I had a Fender M-80 years back that just killed...I gave it away and kick myself daily still for it...There are good SS amps out there...The one in that vid looks and sounds pretty cool...I'd also like to hear one in person...

Sounds good but...
I already KNOW tubes work in the real world and my tube Randall MTS system is less money(even just a 2 module rm50 combo) AND more versatile.
I dont wanna be a wet blanket but..
thats what I think.
GtrGeorge

I'm going to jump on GtrGeorge! band wagon here.
The demo definately made the amp sound good. If I was in the market for a new amp for some reason or another. It would definately be in the mix. But I'm into the MTS already & likely would go for an RM22 or RM50.

With that being said, I have to say, that is the best SS amp I have ever heard.

With that being said, I have to say, that is the best SS amp I have ever heard.

this is the reason for my posting this. I was taken back by the tones and dynamics of this amp and until now accepted that SS amps were good but not great.
at the end of the day it does not matter what the method is as long as great tone is the result.

I just enjoyed listening to him play. I bet he's one of those guys that could make any amp sound great!

This is a great demo. I've seen it before.

BTW, you do know that 99% of gigs could be done with a Peavey Bandit and no one would know the difference, right?

I can't wait to load my LB, and my 412 into the car for my next gig at the local bar. We just learned "Mustang Sally". Can you imagine how awesome that song is going to sound? :lol:

Julia said:
This is a great demo. I've seen it before.

BTW, you do know that 99% of gigs could be done with a Peavey Bandit and no one would know the difference, right?

I can't wait to load my LB, and my 412 into the car for my next gig at the local bar. We just learned "Mustang Sally". Can you imagine how awesome that song is going to sound? :lol:
You've said this before, I disagree on the 99% but ok, that's your view.

This amp sounds awesome, great tone!
I wonder how it does at great volumes though.

And how is this recorded, miced?
I'm gonna check out some reviews and whatnot of it. :)

Julia..are you getting bitter?
sure alot of people..maybe most... wont know the diff..but you will and if you are like me..you really enjoy the better tone that a pro rig can give.
It really means alot to me..and while I respect bandit amps..and have seen some monster players do great things with practice amps..I strongly prefer to bring my best. I dont like humping gear..but I can do it..and a lil physical action isnt a bad thing, at all.
When I say "I tried my best"..I MEAN IT.