• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Buyer Beware - Riff19

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rmilbeck said:
The fan is part of the amp and should have been included.

If riff doesn't man up and make things right, pm me and I'll ship you one.

Russ

That's very cool of you to do.

That fan should have been included. Note to self: never deal with riff19. Unless he wants to by my XXX combo that doesn't include speakers or tubes. Other than that its like new.

**** this surprises me. I've dealt with him as well with 100% positive communication, etc. This is ridiculous though bro, just send the **** fan. :evil:

riff19 said:
The amp was boxed, padded and shipped by Fedex as per their guidelines for the weight and insured value of the amp. I oversaw the amp was packed well.

My Ebay description was for a USED head only. It didn't say a power cord was included, or cooling fan.

I've done a dozen deals on these forums, and a couple hundred on Ebay with no problems.

Thank you for the votes of confidence.

Dude, c'mon man....It didn't say that all capacitors inside would be present but it is assumed they are...No cooling fan? That is an "expected" part and shitty you're not doing the right thing...Either buy it back or provide the fan that should ALWAYS be part of such an item...Games with this stuff only leads to bad things...This is a game...And a sham at best....

Mattfig said:
riff19 said:
The amp was boxed, padded and shipped by Fedex as per their guidelines for the weight and insured value of the amp. I oversaw the amp was packed well.

My Ebay description was for a USED head only. It didn't say a power cord was included, or cooling fan.

I've done a dozen deals on these forums, and a couple hundred on Ebay with no problems.

Dude, c'mon man....It didn't say that all capacitors inside would be present but it is assumed they are...No cooling fan? That is an "expected" part and shitty you're not doing the right thing...Either buy it back or provide the fan that should ALWAYS be part of such an item...Games with this stuff only leads to bad things...This is a game...And a sham at best....
I am totally in agreement with Matt and the other guys. You have a good rep don't blow it.
It is clear that you have done good business with people and I'm sure you would like to have the door open to more transactions.
If you read the actual listing that you posted for the RM50, there is no mention of the fan not being included.
Everyone is agreed that it is the right thing to make things like that clear.
The fan is most certainly an integral part of the design of the RM50. It is not like a module not being included. That is clearly an optional item.
This is an embarrassment and needs to be dealt with before your rep gets beat to ****.
punched.jpg

BTW: Hey Rmilbeck, for you to offer to send a fan if Riff doesn't is totally cool of you. Props and respect. :D

If the RM50 fan had a cooling effect I'd agree, but it doesn't due to a metal plate positioned directly behind it. A studio tech took it out at some point. Can't compare to capacitors, output transformers, or other things that make the head function.

It's an easy thing to install if desired. I'd offer the buyer cash to pick one up, along with a power cord just to be a nice guy, but that's not what he wants.

rmilbeck said:
The fan is part of the amp and should have been included.

If riff doesn't man up and make things right, pm me and I'll ship you one.

Russ

Wow...thank you for the offer. What a stand up guy.

Considering Riff19 wasn't forth coming about the true condition of the amp, who is to say there isn't anything else going on with the amp? His credibility in my opinion is already broken.

Bottom line is this...I didn't receive what I paid for. Had I known about the condition of the amp I wouldn't have made the purchase.

There is another ad in the classifieds for a RM100 here on this board. The seller is being upfront about the issue with the amp. Granted the issue only presented itself a couple times at a particular venue (probably bad power there), he still mentioned it. I think that's what we would all expect. Honesty and transparency.

riff19 said:
If the RM50 fan had a cooling effect I'd agree, but it doesn't due to a metal plate positioned directly behind it. A studio tech took it out at some point. Can't compare to capacitors, output transformers, or other things that make the head function.

It's an easy thing to install if desired. I'd offer the buyer cash to pick one up, along with a power cord just to be a nice guy, but that's not what he wants.

I would imagine he's pretty suspicious about the condition of the rest of the amp considering you chose to hide the fan issue.

I think eBay/feepal would probably side with the Buyer in
SNAD dispute, so it's up to you to whether you go through all that BS or just make it right.

If it were me I'd be happy to fit the fan but in general it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask that a tech do this *and* give the amp a clean bi of health.

Just an opinion.

riff19 said:

There goes your rep..... :roll:

Mhhhhhhhh at least some kind of offer although regarding your last posts very hesitant. In my honest opinion your reputation is already blown. Depends on the individual but with me I think it's to late to show any good will as I'm suspicious that any items you'll sell will have hidden flaws....

Russ: Great offer :wink:

riff19 said:

It failed to mention INCOMPLETE and DISASSEMBLED

Used does not equal missing parts

Here's an old saying:

"Trust comes on foot, but leaves on horseback"

Especially with a reply like you just gave
If I was a potential customer, I just saw that pony run

Well Riff. Why did you not say that it didn't come with a fan or power cord if you stated that it did not come with a cover or foot-switch. Even if you changed the listing on ebay it states no issues here which is misleading to the guy going into the deal, even if he should have questioned it.

riff19 said:

ilwq5h.jpg

2dtzk49.jpg

I just so happen to be doing a repair on an RM50 when I read this thread. I don't see a plate blocking the fan. Most amp builders only put items like fans into an amplifier when they deem them necessary.

Very simple:
A fan costs money, if Randall deemed not necessary they would not ever put one in.

Besides that, it is a part of how the amp is sold originally, so obviously not an option.

Yep, you got me figured me out. I'm in it to steal $5 cooling fans and $2 power cords.

Quick update everyone. eBay ruled in my favor. The amp shipped out today via UPS back to Riff19.

Thank you everyone for the support.

riff19 said:
Yep, you got me figured me out. I'm in it to steal $5 cooling fans and $2 power cords.
Man, it's not about the $5 cooling fan or $2 power cord. It's about the misrepresentation of the item being sold. If you're avertising something as "like new" or whatever the exact quote was, it should not be missing parts. The cooling fan should be present in an amp. It was there when purchased new and (as someone so eloquently put it) Randall would not have included an "extra" cooling fan in the design. Manufacturers are looking to cut costs not add unnecessary items in a quest to drive up manufacturing costs. I have had good deals with riff19 in the past, with absolutely no issues. Although, I have to believe this is not a good thing for a reputation.

Riff19...You are a complete jackass...

You could have avoided this whole dispute by just being a decent person or by having a little common sense.

Now..You get your amp shipped back to you and lose your money..along with your rep.

Fucking Amazing.

jpadilla128 said:
Quick update everyone. eBay ruled in my favor. The amp shipped out today via UPS back to Riff19.

Thank you everyone for the support.

Good on you for sending the amp back to that cocksmoker, hopefully there's no more issues for you.

I'm just getting started out in MTS world, and looking to add to the collection through this forum...
I've been ripped off elsewhere before and am very cautious about dealing with any forumites from anywhere, and now this Riff19 ******* hasn't boosted my confidence at all - quite the opposite in fact :(
I would give my real friends the chance to redeem themselves, but not dodgy online sellers, even if they do play the same amp as me.
Riff19, who it seemed had a good rep here, has cast a big grey cloud over the rest of you, and I think that's a shame.

Latest posts