My rig, with some clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sixstringhotshot

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ben and I'm addicted. Now that we have that out of the way....

dynacoil.jpg

randallrack.jpg

w33.jpg

The stainless steel box on top of the cabs in the first pic is my 'carrying case' for my modules. I have all of them except the JTM, and the upcoming 1086, UltraXL, and Lynch modules.

As for the clips, these are freakin old. I apologize for the sub-standard...everything. I've got much better clips, but alas not of my MTS stuff. :oops: These were all done with the Plexi module for distortions and Blackface for cleans.

http://ben-robbins.com/MP3/NH5.mp3
http://ben-robbins.com/MP3/lowdown.mp3
http://ben-robbins.com/MP3/newmix.mp3

Sounded good to me!! Didn't realize that the Plexi module would be that aggressive. Distortion was plenty heavy enough. Did you use any effects to push the gain or where you recording at high volume levels? What are your settings on that module for your distorted tones? BTW...love your cabs! I have an XXL right now and had a 2X15 Warhead but I sold it. Those cabs add alot to the bottom end. Almost wish I didn't get rid of it.

Yeah, there's a boss SD-1 in front of it set with the level on 10, gain on 0, and tone from 5-7 depending on my mood that day. :lol:

As for settings....it was quite a while ago, so these are just estimations. Gain was definately maxed, bass and mids around 6, treble around 7, presence at 6, volume at wherever.

Ben...I just got wood lookin at your gear :lol: Forget the wall of Marshalls, it's Ben's wall of Randalls! :twisted: Very cool man, the clips sound cool as well

Hey, Ben, I'm looking at effects units and was wondering how you like that Boss VF-1 in your rack? Does it color the RM4's tone any? Are the program changes seamless? I have an older Boss SE-50 and it has a pretty big gap when switching presets.

Gary

goldsparkletop said:
Hey, Ben, I'm looking at effects units and was wondering how you like that Boss VF-1 in your rack? Does it color the RM4's tone any? Are the program changes seamless? I have an older Boss SE-50 and it has a pretty big gap when switching presets.

Gary

It's not totally seamless. The gap isn't too bad though. For a $200 unit, I can't say it bugs me. I'm sure it does color the tone some, but not enough that I've noticed it yet.

DigitalWhispers said:
Wow, are you an endorser yet?

I totally endorse Randall stuff. Randall has yet to return the favor though. :lol: I've heard a photo of me with the stacks was circulating the company email right before the NAMM show. Two of the guys at the Randall booth recognized me from that photo, and then later realized they helped me load those cabs into my truck two winters ago when I stopped by the factory to pick em up. I think I just need a semi-high profile gig and they'll probably take notice.

For tunes that don't suck nearly as hard (but don't feature the MTS), hit up www.myspace.com/benrobbins

Wow that rig looks crushing, sounds good too. Im looking for one of those randall warhead cabs but there so hard to find. I was wondering How much your rig cost and how the hell you managed to save up for it all. Cheers