Modded Brahma's

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People here need to get more into doin it them self's. I like to talk tech and about components and am getting tied of hearing oh I just sent it to so n so and now it sounds great. Weak very weak. Unless you did it your self why are you bragging about the work you had somebody else do for you. Other amp forums are more for the do it yourself er, except this one. Its more about who's doing your work for you. I started another post on what I did to my Brahma and it sounds great now but it got hardly a reply, but this one has everyone talking about who is going to work on their Brahma. Its not that hard to work on these, they pop right out in an instant you don't even have to take out the whole chassis. They are bred for those who like to tinker but bough by those who would rather send them out to be tweaked. Its very disappointing.

There is not a lot of usefull info here anymore.

StratmanR2S said:
People here need to get more into doin it them self's. I like to talk tech and about components and am getting tied of hearing oh I just sent it to so n so and now it sounds great. Weak very weak. Unless you did it your self why are you bragging about the work you had somebody else do for you. Other amp forums are more for the do it yourself er, except this one. Its more about who's doing your work for you. I started another post on what I did to my Brahma and it sounds great now but it got hardly a reply, but this one has everyone talking about who is going to work on their Brahma. Its not that hard to work on these, they pop right out in an instant you don't even have to take out the whole chassis. They are bred for those who like to tinker but bough by those who would rather send them out to be tweaked. Its very disappointing.

There is not a lot of usefull info here anymore.

Merry Christmas.

It's always been popular to change a Strat to where one tone pot works the bridge pup, the other the neck and middle. This allows you to tame the Strat's bridge pup for use in front of a distorted amp/pedal, and roll it back to bright when you want bright cleans etc.

Julia said:
Strats tend to be bright especially on the bridge pickup. They could remove that pickup and it would be fine by me since I never use it anyway ... on a strat. Also I run an EQ in front with a strat where I kill the bright spike.

It's always been popular to change a Strat to where one tone pot works the bridge pup, the other the neck and middle. This allows you to tame the Strat's bridge pup for use in front of a distorted amp/pedal, and roll it back to bright when you want bright cleans etc.

This is good advice, This is one of the mods I do to all of my Strats and I roll the tone off to about 7 1/2 - 8. I also replace my bridge P/U's with DiMarzio Virtual Vintage noiselees P/U like their fatter sounding Heavy Blues model . They are a stacked humbucker so you still get a classic tone without the hum.

Eric Johnson uses Virtual Vintage P/U's and wire's his strats in this manner so he can adjust the tone. In fact when I've seen him live and he changed to his neck P/U to Play SRV it was just as bright as his bridge P/U.

I do mods myself however I'm not an amp designer nor do I know the design as well as someone who works with it everyday. Chris Czech of Swampdonkey is on par with the Egnaters and Friedmans ( IMHO ) of the world and I wanted to see what he would do if I gave him a basic description of where I wanted to take the mod.
I'm very very happy I did as it was a great learning experience and the "Shorthorn" Brahma mod he diod for me is absolutly awsome!
I certainly would and have taken a different approach than Chris.

I'm currently doing some mods myself on a silverface SL+ I got a few weeks back. I have a thread running in MODULES which discusses it in detail.

I love doing the mods myself. I'm currently starting to offer to do mods for forumites here. Currently the only mod I offer that has any consistency is from working to not working. Not sure how popular my mod will be but it is a start! :lol: Cheers, Lucius