Eminence Lynch Super V Speakers Versus Vintage 30's ???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty freakin' ugly but I bet it sounds great and I bet it appears all over with Mr Lynch, turned on but not plugged in ;-)

Kirk's SS sig amp sounded horrible but it was cheaper. Maybe these will be less expensive even though they are tube. Anyone know the street price on this thing?

Daryl said:
They should have done a plexiglass face with the Lynch logo laser etched into it. That would have been cool...

The plexi glass idea would be cool.
I don't know if just taking off the grill on the LB103 would be enough. It looks like the metal lattice on the front is the same as the back. While the back looks better than the front, it still just seems plain. Although the light inside is cool.

The 50w head & combo is just terrible. They look 10 times worse than the 100w head. On a side note, why only include a series loop on the 100w head & only a parallel loop on the 50w amps :?
Although looking at that page is making me jones for the Judge module.

Shinozoku said:
I just wanna hear the new Lynchback speakers :p

I would as well.
Is his deal with Eminence done then? What is up with the Super V speakers?

Talking about pricepoint, I think these can be viewed as a signature series of the RT series.
So they should be considerably cheaper than the MTS line, but more expensive than RT's probably.

I'm not sure of this at all, but looking at how it looks, specs and the context I think that could be accurate.

Besides that:
Everybody is constantly waxing lyrical about the Super-V speakers .. why the heck suddenly change to a different company? (well.. I think I know the awn$er to that actually..)

Likely :p Plus, I hear Eminence speakers don't record as well as Celestions (which is why I wanna build thee 2x12's: 2 with Celestions [one for recording, one for both recording and live] and one with Eminences, for live work :p)

Seriously.. so NOW Randall decides to have a switchable line level between 10 and 4 so that we could actually use pedals with the rig?? Where was this on the original lynch box? The original looks much cooler, the new version gets props for the choices in modules. The Judge and Super V I think are two of the best but Brahma would have been pretty sweet too. (though I think they are suggesting that the Judge can do all those tones).

Not a huge fan of the cosmetics but it isn't horrible. The only thing I fear is an eventual discontinuation of randall modules for the rest of us. BUT then they might blow them out for cheap as well so bring it on! :p

I've also got a super V loaded in my JCM800 combo. I have to say, it is really growing on me and i wonder whether or not i want to grab another and run it with two greenbacks in my 4 x 12. It is punchy and crunchy. Celestion lynchback will hopefully bring the price of eminence drivers down. What didn't they get right to make him want to change speakers though?? I thought they were the s$hit?

oh my I'm not liking the new look... I'm biased but if that were the first model to be released I would have not liked the look then either.

Generic and cheap and just plain lacking mojo. Hope it sounds better than it looks... i'm sure it does. But I wonder about overal quality too.

I got a note back this morning from eminence.. superV's look like they will be discontinued. No time frame given but just be prepared in the event that you like these speakers...

Kapo_Polenton said:
I got a note back this morning from eminence.. superV's look like they will be discontinued. No time frame given but just be prepared in the event that you like these speakers...

Seems stupid to dump them if they were a good selling product. Simply pull a 1086 on them... rebadge & sell for a reduced price. :)

They aren't on the site any more. HOWEVER I like the new site and love what they've done with the Sound Clips and the Frequency Response Graphs!

and yet the 1086 is still the featured module on the amplifier page, lol

http://www.randallamplifiers.com/Amplifiers/Links-Amplifiers/

I think they tried to match it with a bit of the style of the LB50 head, but again like ESP guitars and Dean, it seems they are changing the style to grab the eyes of younger beginners walking into a store and saying "LOOK AT THATS IT F"N SWEET, GREEN TUBES AND STUFF" hard to fall in love with.

Also It would have look less "Cheap" if they choose another color for the metal plate at the bottom other then flat primer grey.

back to the topic, so the Supers V's are out now, wonder if the price will drop for 1,100 on ebay per cab. I use V30's in a Mesa stiletto cab and often wonder about trading it for a LB cab, but i'm scared. lol. Don't have the money to screw up in a trade or purchase, so i play it safe and make what i have work.
I think overall the V30's have a harsh sound and the Super V's have a smooth sound. thats as basic as i can say it.

Yup, i think the v30's can be gritty and harsher depending on the cab but the v30 mellows that out and it is a tight crunchy speaker. I have two paired with reissue greenies in an X pattern to keep some of the warmth. Running them in an oversized avatar 4 x 12. I quite like the balance right now.

The reason they are being discontinued is that according to eminence they actually do NOT sell that many of them. Hence Lynch's switch to a new cash cow...celestion lynchback.