The best wah pedals

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m0jo said:
.. while the Weeping Demon is very smooth :)
So you have a Weeping Demon. Do you know where it is manufactured? I have been curious about that one for a while. It's just loaded with features. I'm also curious about how solid the construction is.

Daryl said:
m0jo said:
So you have a Weeping Demon. Do you know where it is manufactured? I have been curious about that one for a while. It's just loaded with features. I'm also curious about how solid the construction is.
I believe it's made by Asians ;)
It's in the rehearsal room atm, so can't check, but I'd guess China.

The construction is pretty solid.
The knobs can be clicked into the body of the pedal so they're protected.
I must honestly say the pedal has developed some really light sideways wobble .. after 4 years of heavy, heavy use. (moving back and forth from home to rehearsals at least once a week).
Tightened the nut on the side of the pedal... problem solved. :D

I think that's holding up pretty well.

Either way, it *is* loaded with features.
So that per definition makes it a bit harder to keep a sturdy as the simple-as-dirt crybaby ;)
Definitly go and try one out! It rocks!

I will try one out. I like my Crybaby, but I like the idea of being able to get the auto on/off feature is like my Vai wah and that was the best part of that unit, IMO.

Daryl said:
I will try one out. I like my Crybaby, but I like the idea of being able to get the auto on/off feature is like my Vai wah and that was the best part of that unit, IMO.
Yep. I didn't like the tones of the Morleys I tried.. lacked some mojo (and.. I need my mojo!!!)

hyenik said:
m0jo said:

I bought WD7 few days ago ;)
Nice!! Has it gotten the Hyenik stamp of approval? :lol:

Tip: IMO it sounds best with either the Q or the Volume up, not both at the same time.
Also don't forget to tweak the high-end trimpot under the pedal :)

m0jo said:
Nice!! Has it gotten the Hyenik stamp of approval? :lol:

Yes, but I?m wah beginer, so my stamp is really useless ;)
inside trimers are maxed from seller already, thx

So not a soul has tried the George Lynch Dragon 2 wah by Morley?
I figured someone on the forum knows something about it.
3mb3ob3lc5Q55X45S6a982a6a2e177cfe11e4.jpg

I've been using the Snarling Dogs pedals for about 12 years, love em'. I had a Whine O and used the White Room setting on it for a very low and throaty sound, very aggressive. I found a Bootsy Colins bass wah used, and have been using it for guitar with great results.

Daryl said:
So not a soul has tried the George Lynch Dragon 2 wah by Morley?
I figured someone on the forum knows something about it.
3mb3ob3lc5Q55X45S6a982a6a2e177cfe11e4.jpg
Tried extremely hard to get hold of one ... couldn't find one, no shop was about to stock one.. so I gave up.

There aren't even any decent video's of it on utoob.

I'm looking for a Wah pedal and was all set to get a Dunlop 95Q or the Dimebag wah...possibly even test drive the new Jerry Cantrell wah. After watching this video I might have to just take a chance and order the Dragon 2 wah....he's a good salesman. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomO5_tX5zk

JD said:
I'm looking for a Wah pedal and was all set to get a Dunlop 95Q or the Dimebag wah...possibly even test drive the new Jerry Cantrell wah. After watching this video I might have to just take a chance and order the Dragon 2 wah....he's a good salesman. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomO5_tX5zk
Well if you get it let us know. I'm dying to get some input on this piece of gear.

I have the Dragon Wah...great wah...what's that extra knobby on the 2 (right hand side)

JKD said:
I have the Dragon Wah...great wah...what's that extra knobby on the 2 (right hand side)
I believe it is a notch setting for the wah. So you can get a fixed wah sound setting. Could be really cool. :)

walshinator666 said:
I have a crybaby 95Q which IMHO is the best wah out there.It's got a boost switch,volume dial,and eq dial.You don't have to hit a switch like other wahs just step on it and when you stop it goes automatically into the stop position
I'd been using the same original Crybaby for the last 20 years. I picked up a 95Q on your suggestion and this thing absolutely rocks! The auto on/off works really well. I usually shy away from the wah pedal because I always have problems turning the thing on and off. It's really frustrating. This is really going to open things up for me! I've tried quite a few wah pedals over the years, but never found anything I liked more then my Classic wah. But I really love this! Thanks for the tip.
Jace

I know place on Long Island that has the Dragon wah in stock,,pm me and I'll give you the place.
GtrGeorge

muudrock said:
Another fave is the CAE MC 404. Switchable Fasel inductors and a boost.

I'll second this... the MXR/CAE is my current wah of choice for tone + flexibility... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abd7Bk1ech0

That said, I've gone through a small mountain of wahs over the years... other favorites are the Ibanez WD-7 (great flexibility, always felt a little cheap but never actually broke on me) and a combination of Bad Horsie + Crybaby 95Q (switchless city!).

--B

Just picked up the Dunlop 105Q bass wah and I'm loving the tones! Just have my combo setup here to play with, not my normal setup, but I still love it. Thanks for the secret weapon Ray! :D