randall RX75R PLEASE HELP!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR5150

Reaction score
Hi everybody,noobe here,can some please help? i have a randall RX75R amp with a 12in speaker i need to replace the speaker but i am not sure what the ohm of the speaker is,i look in the manule to no avail,the only thing it says is speaker 12in but on the back of the speaker it has a number stamped G12T-75-4, does anybody know what ohm this speaker is any help would be great! many thanks!!

It seems to me that most of the combos are coming loaded with 16 ohm speakers. Thats what my RM50 came loaded with. Mine had sticker on the outside edge of the magnet towards the biottom of the amp that said 16 ohms. If y have a multimeter you can simply measure it, just bear in mind that it will read a couple of onms less than what its supposed to be. Mine read 14 ohms

MetalMajik said:
It seems to me that most of the combos are coming loaded with 16 ohm speakers. Thats what my RM50 came loaded with. Mine had sticker on the outside edge of the magnet towards the biottom of the amp that said 16 ohms. If y have a multimeter you can simply measure it, just bear in mind that it will read a couple of onms less than what its supposed to be. Mine read 14 ohms
Thanks man! i guess i'll just measure it a meter,ill half to go and buy a cheap one though, :lol: its a shame u at least i cant get a response from customer service! :(

Oh btw,sorry for my ignorance, but when i measure the speaker ohm should the amp be on, and do i test it where the wires from the amp go on, or on the two empty prongs Thanks!!

You can plug your speaker cable or, in this one instance, an instrument cable, into your cab. Then use your DMM to measure between the tip and the sleeve.

[Edit:] Sorry, just saw you have a combo. Yeah, either one.

Because this is CELSESTION loudspeaker the impedance is engraved on the speaker's chassis, propably its 8Ohms

here is more info:

General specifications
Nominal diameter 12", 305mm
Power Rating 75W
Nominal impedance 8Ω and 16Ω
Sensitivity 97dB
Chassis type Pressed steel
Voice coil diameter 1.75", 44.5mm
Voice coil material Round copper
Magnet type Ceramic
Magnet weight 35oz, 0.99kg
Frequency range 80-5000Hz
Resonance frequency, Fs 85Hz
DC resistance, Re 6.77Ω & 12.9Ω
Mounting Information
Diameter 12.2", 309mm
Overall depth 5.0", 127mm
Magnet structure diameter 5.7", 145mm
Cut-out diameter 11.1", 283mm
Mounting slot dimensions 0.31", 7.9mm ?
Number of mounting slots 4
Mounting slot PCD 11.7", 297mm
Unit weight 7.7lb, 3.5kg

archenemy.pl said:
Because this is CELSESTION loudspeaker the impedance is engraved on the speaker's chassis, propably its 8Ohms

here is more info:

General specifications
Nominal diameter 12", 305mm
Power Rating 75W
Nominal impedance 8Ω and 16Ω
Sensitivity 97dB
Chassis type Pressed steel
Voice coil diameter 1.75", 44.5mm
Voice coil material Round copper
Magnet type Ceramic
Magnet weight 35oz, 0.99kg
Frequency range 80-5000Hz
Resonance frequency, Fs 85Hz
DC resistance, Re 6.77Ω & 12.9Ω
Mounting Information
Diameter 12.2", 309mm
Overall depth 5.0", 127mm
Magnet structure diameter 5.7", 145mm
Cut-out diameter 11.1", 283mm
Mounting slot dimensions 0.31", 7.9mm ?
Number of mounting slots 4
thanks you guys! hey archenemy,on the product description it says i have a 12'' jaguar, i think celestion makes this speaker but i am not sure, do you know anything about this speaker or any specs on it thanks man!!

Well no replys from my emails fr both randall and eminence, :x the speakers measures 4ohm(3.6) cant find a 4ohm 12in speaker fr celestion or eminence so i am just going to use a 8ohm speaker! this wont hurt my amp will it?? thanks!