George Lynch on Eddie Trunk Show 1-31-2011

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kranked4Christ

Reaction score
Hi everyone again,
Just was checking out the latest George vids I could find on YouTube again- there are 2 parts with George on the Eddie Trunk Show for 1-31-2011. He talks in-depth about why the Dokken reunion ain't gonna happen- thanks Don :x ! He renewed my reasons for him being my favorite guitar hero with that interview- he actually walked through the heavy snow since Eddie couldn't get a cab over to him and he couldn't get one to do the interview. He also split the royalties equally among all four members of Dokken for his song Mr. Scary although Don didn't contribute anything to that song. He always believes in everyone getting an equal cut and he was also approached by Guitar Hero to have Mr. Scary on one of the editions. He said great (because he wanted his kids and grandkids to be able to play the game and say "Hey Daddy, you're on this game!" and said let me check with the other guys- I am sure they will sign off on it. Well, Don comes in with his lawyers and the video gamers back out on the deal due to Dokken's lawyers. Then, Don turns around and offers "In My Dreams" to them just so Dokken is on there, but not a Lynch song!!! There is alot more on there- check it out and thanks George for being a true guitar hero!!!!

Don's voice is shot anyhow. George is better off putting out some new music with somebody else singing.

Wow that is just nuts. I mean I saw Dokken this past summer at a ribfest deal. I have no idea how much any band got paid, but I anticipate it was much less than when they were packing arenas back in the day. In truth I would be content to see Lynch. To me insert singer here to do Dokken vocals, whoever on the backline, & Lynch on guitar and I'm going to see that show. The songs were cool, but I think they would pail in comparison if Lynch was not the guitar force behind those songs.

Cool interview non the less.

This is an incredible interview with George. George always shows how much class he has in these things. I do feel bad for him though. He has tried so many times to get along with Don, and put all the crap behind him in good faith, even when he knows the same thing is always gonna happen, Don is gonna try and back stab him. I agree that he should finally just say to Hades with Don. George dose not need him, and would be better off just going it alone. George is too nice a guy to be with Don. I used to love Don way back in the day. Of course, I was also 20 years olde and had no idea how he really was, and what he was doing to George and the band.

I saw a Dokken reunion show about 12 years ago (opening for Alice Cooper). They actually got in a pretty good fight on stage. The band cut off a big vocal showcase ending to "In My Dreams" and went right into Mr. Scary. Don went NUTS threw his mic stand into Lyches stacks and flipped off the band in the most dramitic ways for the length of the song. After that he sang the rest of the set from the side of the stage as far away from the band as possible.

Latest posts