GTO The Judge George Lynch Module Quick Review!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a couple of Ethans vids with the RM22 with the GTO Judge. First switch is with the Mode switch in the left position, more like a real plexi.... and I mean a good plexi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwNerooE0c&feature=related

And here's another vid with the mode switch on. A little more like a modded plexi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9V_OOmSUUk&feature=related

I hope you guys are digging these videos and my review and Ethans. I still have three of these modules up on ebay.

**** I'm on my phone right now. Oh well this will give me something to look forward to after a long day at work.

Ultron said:
hmmm....wondering if I should give up my Scary module or SL+ (800 ver) to make room for the GTO....love them both, but love the SL+ a bit more.

I wouldn't give up either until after you've had a chance to check out the GTO. Do you have a Brahma or Plexi module? IMO, I'd give up either of those rather than a JCM/SL module or Scary. Although, it depends on your personal tastes.

Caine said:
Ultron said:
hmmm....wondering if I should give up my Scary module or SL+ (800 ver) to make room for the GTO....love them both, but love the SL+ a bit more.

I wouldn't give up either until after you've had a chance to check out the GTO. Do you have a Brahma or Plexi module? IMO, I'd give up either of those rather than a JCM/SL module or Scary. Although, it depends on your personal tastes.

I'm an 80's tone nut, so I would suggest any other module besides the SL+ or Scary. I love both of those modules. Scary is a great Lead & Rythm module. The SL+ is a great Rythm module. It's ok for leads in my opinion. If those are your only 2 options, then the Scary, only because you prefer the SL+.

So far I like the GTO from the clips. I think I am going to dig it's Plexi/'68 SL tone. My only gripe about the plexi was I thought it needed more gain. The 80's modded mode should work as well. It should have enough gain (I run the SL+ between 1 & 3 o'clock). And with 2 80's rodded Marshall tones already, you can't go wrong with a 3rd. 8) Now I just need it to show up. :x

Squid Music said:
Here are a couple of Ethans vids with the RM22 with the GTO Judge. First switch is with the Mode switch in the left position, more like a real plexi.... and I mean a good plexi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDwNerooE0c&feature=related

And here's another vid with the mode switch on. A little more like a modded plexi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9V_OOmSUUk&feature=related

I hope you guys are digging these videos and my review and Ethans. I still have three of these modules up on ebay.

Wow. I love those tones. I have a JF Scary, JF Brahma, and a stock SL+. Yes, I am a Marshall guy. Not to mention I also rock a Voodoo UG Jose. Cash is tight so I will need to move something to pick up one of these.

Don't forget, George uses a Cusack Screamer that he leaves on all the time out in front of his amps.

eyeball987 said:
JKD said:
Sweet....my GTO/Judge module should be on its way today :)

Patiently waiting your review.

Just got it today....the wife didn't have anything for my birthday so I let her wrap it for today...she'll be making up for that delay later ;-)

Anyhoo...I don't know whether Gearoge knows what he likes, knows what I like or simply knows tone...this is another winner from Friedman/Lynch...it honestly fits in nicely with the Scary and Grail.

One Mode is kind of uber-Brahma with a voicing twist and the other mode darker, smoother...certainly reminiscent of something I've had from Friedman before..the BE or C45.

I put 4 Lynch modules in my M4 this morning and I'm like a pig rolling in **** :)

Quick review here.

Just received the module today and after a quick test drive, it really delivers what I was looking for.

I wanted a marshall based module that would stand sonically between the Brahma and the KH-2 and the judge is just that to my ears.

The regular mode was a tad bright for me. the "boosted" mode has the treble tamed and is tighter, but still very much sounding like an old plexi. In a nutshell the module stroke me as:

- More balanced than the brahma (more bass, less icey treble). More gainy too
- More opened and brighter sounding than the KH-2.

In summary, after owning a JTL, PLEXI, Brahma and the KH-2, I find the judge to be the best option for a vintage plexi type of sound. For the higher gain / hot rodded marshall sound, I keep the scary as it takes things to the next level.

Just got the LB103 from the awesome crew at Funky Munky! Sounds awesome! The hardwired GTO portion sounds great as do the V and Unholy Grail channels. Can't say exactly how it sounds compared to modules but it is a great amp with wonderful versatility.

This is sn odd question for me considering I tend to be a gain nut, but how well does it clean up? I'm looking for something that can do some older Judas Priest style sounds, including that plexi clean. I'm guessing it probably shouldn't be a problem.