Brahma thins out when gain is reduced???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mThomasDutch

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? I get the tone all beautiful with gain dimed, then back off and it's super thin. If I get it right backed off it's muddy when dimed. Any modders know if there's a cap across that gain pot or something doing this? I'd sure love to mod it so that the tone stays consistent through the gain settings. Anybody got a schematic? Mine also is supposedly a Friedman mod, but since I got it off of evil bay I can't be sure. Is there any way to tell if it's a genuine Friedman mod or not?

there will usually be a racksystems sticker on the bottom of the module and something in marker stating wat mod was done also jaded faith knows how to make it a real brahma too

mThomasDutch said:
Has anyone else experienced this? I get the tone all beautiful with gain dimed, then back off and it's super thin. If I get it right backed off it's muddy when dimed. Any modders know if there's a cap across that gain pot or something doing this? I'd sure love to mod it so that the tone stays consistent through the gain settings. Anybody got a schematic? Mine also is supposedly a Friedman mod, but since I got it off of evil bay I can't be sure. Is there any way to tell if it's a genuine Friedman mod or not?

It sounds like an issue with your guitar pickup and pot.

I had a stock Brahma and it was always thin sounding compared to my stock Plexi module...I sent it to Jaded Faith and he turned it into a higher gain Hot Rod Marshall...sounds awesome now!

If it is corrected it will have a weird array of caps and resistors in the C3 position on the board (acts like a treble bleed).

As other members have mentioned it likes to have to the bass and mids on 10, treble at 1 o'clock. I have never experienced a thin of sound with the gain backed off.

maybe you possibly have a gain pot going bad...