marshall reference materials

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
So I was moving stuff around in the mancave and thought "I've never taken a shot of all my Marshalls and Marshall clones together". :)

Marshalls.jpg

From left to right:

Red - 100 watt 68 plexi handwired clone, with matching cab loaded with greenbacks

74 50 watt Super Lead on top of a '76 cab loaded with blackbacks

72 100 watt Super Lead with both matching 72 cabs (with original speakers)

50 watt JCM800 2205 (channel switching head) with G75 loaded cabs - bottom one is a 'real' JCM800, slant is a 900 but if you swapped the badges you'd never tell the difference.

50 watt Silver Jubilee 2553 head with two straight 2x12 cabs - kinda a 2/3rd stack.

18 watt Marshall clone I built with a treble/mid/bass channel instead of the tremolo - one channel does vox, other does more of a van halen grind. I need to post clips of this amp, it's really killer.

Pete

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I was impressed, then realized I still needed to slide my window over to see more stacks

How come the MG series isn't represented? :wink:

HOLYY lmao. :D That is one arsenal you have there.

crankyrayhanky said:
How come the MG series isn't represented? :wink:

You mean Marshalls Gimmick. Get it? MG? Ha.Ha.Ha. Terrible amp.. blegh.

It almost looks like your ready to hit the road with Dokken or Ratt. :lol:

Nice stacks of reference material you got there. To bad the mancave is not like the library where we can show you our card, & take one home for a week or 2. :lol:

I sort of feel bad for the guy who makes the mistake of sitting at the drums in the pic "Can you turn it down?" lol

Wow...Very impressive Pete! I was worried that 2/3 stack was an MG for a second...I know that's already been covered in this thread...

Just curious, what are your fave speakers to use with your 800s???

Do you ever plan on releasing a comprehensive Marshall module??? Any combo of those amps would be so cool..

**** Pete,
That 72' 100 watt Super Lead with both matching 72 cabs (with original speakers) is so fucking beautiful. I like that one best. At least from a visual standpoint. I'm sure it sounds great. Are the speakers in good shape? That's some authentic vintage tone. Wicked...

Hey, Pete,

Did you use a kit for the 18 Watt Marshall head, or did you source all the parts individually and make your own face plate and chassis? I built one from the Triode Electronics site and replaced all the signal and filter caps with SOZO and Sprague Atom, and it sounds amazing. I did have to replace the Triode OT with a higher power Rated OT from Weber because it was too fizzy when driven hard with the Triode OT. I think it ran out of headroom since it was rated at 18 watts, whereas the Weber one I used was more like 35. I also did a TMB channel instead of the Tremolo, and it has a master volume as well.

The tone on these amps is just insane. I think it blows the Voxy 18 watt circuits out of the water, especially when driving the TMB channel hard.