What FX are you using.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the DigiTech GSP-2101 in this thread. It's fairly old technology (1994), but I've seen a lot of well-known players include one of these in their rack.

The 2101 has both an analog section (compressor, distortion, analog EQ) and a digital section (all kinds of DSP effects). The fabulous thing about the 2101 is you can build your own effects chains.

I use a 2101 in the parallel loop of my RM4, bypassing its analog section, so I rely on the RM4 for my tone and the 2101 for adding reverb, delay, detune, etc. to my tone without squelching the tonal character of my guitar.

I have a foot pedal for the 2101 and I use a MIDI cable to pass the program changes from the 2101 to my RM4. Easy peasy setup and very reliable.

Can't remember if I've posted in this thread but am using an old Lexicon MPX G2 in the parallel loop of my RM50...

It can also be used with 4-cable method but then the input/feel gets a bit solid statey...which can be a good or a bad thing depending on what you are after :)

I also got a G2 in parallel :)

In front of the amp I got MXR/CAE wah, EVH phaser and a good ol' boss ME5 for comp, overdrive and distortions.

Graham Pearson said:
I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the DigiTech GSP-2101 in this thread. It's fairly old technology (1994), but I've seen a lot of well-known players include one of these in their rack.

The 2101 has both an analog section (compressor, distortion, analog EQ) and a digital section (all kinds of DSP effects). The fabulous thing about the 2101 is you can build your own effects chains.

I use a 2101 in the parallel loop of my RM4, bypassing its analog section, so I rely on the RM4 for my tone and the 2101 for adding reverb, delay, detune, etc. to my tone without squelching the tonal character of my guitar.

I have a foot pedal for the 2101 and I use a MIDI cable to pass the program changes from the 2101 to my RM4. Easy peasy setup and very reliable.
I like the idea of the 2101, but to me it's enormously outdated (logical, since the design is 15 years old now).
A PC editor is a big plus to me, makes building/tweaking sounds way easyer. The 2101 is very much a programmer's interface to me, no user-oriented design.

Digitech should rerelease the 2101, but with everything they've learned since then.. Then it would be a G-Force / G-Major killer.

m0jo said:
Graham Pearson said:

I like the idea of the 2101, but to me it's enormously outdated (logical, since the design is 15 years old now).
A PC editor is a big plus to me, makes building/tweaking sounds way easyer. The 2101 is very much a programmer's interface to me, no user-oriented design.

Digitech should rerelease the 2101, but with everything they've learned since then.. Then it would be a G-Force / G-Major killer.

+1 ... But there is some crappy GSP software that can tweak via MIDI...
http://www.tube-tester.com/sites/gsp2101/sites/gsp2101editing_software.htm

There's also some excellent Windows-based software for interfacing the GSP-2101 and a PC, called MIDIWizard. Check the Yahoo gsp-2101 discussion forum for details. It allows real-time program editing and gives access to a bunch of other features that aren't provided through the 2101's front panel.