Fig at the International Pop Overthrow

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Hey guys,

There's a three day fest coming to Detroit this weekend....Well, actually Hamtramck...It's all at Paycheck's on Caniff....The International Pop Overthrow is a traveling festival of some really cool bands...We've played a few cities and have always had a blast...

Anyway, the fest opens this Thursday and finishes Saturday...My band is headlining Friday...Set time is 11:15...The beauty of this event is that there's a lot of bands and everyone plays a short set to keep things moving...All bands are hand selected by IPO Promoter David Bash...He also hosts the event in every city...

Come check it out if you can....

Thanks,
Fig

Well, did you hear us JD? We were cranked LOUD :D

That was, quite possibly, the most fun show I've ever played...We have a new bass player and he's a super cool guy and very fun to interact with on stage...There were a couple points that I had actual tears in my eyes from the tomfoolery happening...That and I got kicked in the mouth- it was solicited and deserved... :) One of those nights where the band was hammered drunk and still clicked...Rare and lucky...But fun nonetheless...

Anyway, we're gonna be hitting with more shows soon....I'm hoping to meet some of you guys in person...I don't know if anyone reads this section or not but I'll poist back when we're playing again...Looks like June 11 w/Faster Pussycat...If not sooner...

Got any video from the show? Would love to see it.

Faster Pussycat, eh? Saw them around '90 at Pine Knob open for Whitesnake.

Video was not taken last night...Sorry....I know there's pics, I'll link 'em if I find them...And Faster Pussycat is pretty cool now...I liked 'em back in teh day of course too but they're still a cool band...Great live show...