another new member here

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradox

Reaction score
Just wanted to check in and say hi before I start posting. My name is Gary. I'm in my early 40's and will always love 80's music even when everyone says it's not cool anymore. I've been fortunate enough to have had most of the big name amps at one time or another and a lot of the lesser known ones too. I've even built a few myself. My first experience with Randalls was an RG50TC a couple years ago. Probably the wrong place to say this, but I just couldn't like that amp no matter how hard I tried. It was ok for a couple weeks but it just didn't have any lasting appeal to me. Left me with a less than positive opinion towards Randalls in general based solely and unfairly on brand name, so I didn't give them much thought again until recently. I found what I consider to be a good trade and ended up with this RM100 with the Clean, SL+, XTC, and UltraXL modules. Honeymoon isn't over yet, but I can't imagine this not being a keeper. Extremely happy with it and haven't even started tinkering with the different modules yet. I'm amazed that this thing isn't even more popular because it's a great amp with virtually unlimited potential. Consider me a Randall guy now.

Welcome. Great group of people here. Actually, the best forum on the net - IMHO. I too am a child of 80's guitar tone. You will find many to quench your tone needs in the MTS series. Look around, ask questions. Great bunch of guys and gal(s) here.

drewiv said:
Welcome. Great group of people here. Actually, the best forum on the net - IMHO. I too am a child of 80's guitar tone. You will find many to quench your tone needs in the MTS series. Look around, ask questions. Great bunch of guys and gal(s) here.

+1 Oh man....Buckle up....If the stockers are tootin' your horn you will LOVE this journey...I'm also happy to help if you need anything...

Welcome...

Welcome sir! Yes the 80s still inspire today. You have some of the best modules out there IMO. Congrats. This is a great forum with great peeps.
Oh and watch out for that Fig guy. He will have you playin Polka. :lol:

Mattfig said:
If the stockers are tootin' your horn you will LOVE this journey.

I think he means look into the modded modules. They are addictive! Not to mention so many great hot rod 80's tones.

If you're going to stick with stock mods for now, get yourself a Mr. Scary. It's up there with the SL+ in 80's tone must haves.

No offense intended from the GR50TC comments. Wish now that I wouldn't have typed those exact words. Probably should have went something more like... my playing ability at the time didn't allow me to coax the sound out of it that I wanted. The guy that bought it from me made it sound great when he was trying it out. He handed me the guitar and it magically went back to sounding average. Exact same riffs, guitar, amp, settings, speaker, room, etc. Must have something to do with the player :wink:

And I appologize in advance for some of the silly questions that I'm probably going to be asking soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Welcome, fellow noob!

I too, was not a big Randall fan, until the MTS series came along; now, I can't see using a different amp...

I'm about 4 or 5 years ahead of you (late 40's), and also have fond 80's memories...

Welcome to the MTS forum. Good choice. Great forum. Incredibly polite, friendly, knowledgeable, and funny people post here. Really great guys. Great deals both buying and selling. What more can I say?