Rg200 G3

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarLock

Reaction score
Anyone own this amp? I'm planning on buying it in the next couple weeks. I have owned Randall amps before, I'm hoping that this amp lives up to the name. Any info would be great. Thanks :)

I bought a Randall RG200G2 about a year and a half ago from a local music store and i am not impressed. The tone is inorganic and there is alot of hissing when in overdrive, but the biggest problem is how the fan-cooled heatsink seems to be burnng when i play for extended periods.

I take care of my equipment and follow the warnings in manual, but already this amp has died on me twice and i am hesitant to replace the speakers once more.

The G3 series may not have these problems, but i would recommend a standard 100 watt combo instead of the monsterous 200. If you have already bought the amp, do not ignore the smell of burning components and consider an auxillary fan.

Bought a different amp. Maybe a Randall half stack is in the future, depends on how the G3 line does over the next year or so. If it proves to be reliable or not. :)