• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: H&K Edition Tube, Vox Tonelab SE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bduersch

Reaction score
Got a few guitar amps for sale... am selling off to build a monster rack rig. All are in excellent physical & working condition and have only been used at home/in the studio.

Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 20 - 2 channel combo, all tube (EL84's) with reverb, includes custom cover $450 + shipping

Vox Tonelab SE - floor-based amp modeler & FX unit, includes carrying case $400 + shipping

Rocktron Vendetta head - SOLD

Fender Deluxe Reverb head - SOLD

Send me an e-mail/PM if you'd like to know more about any of them.

--B

Hey BlueD.

I would like to know more about the Vendetta.im also currently looking at the MOD 50 ,Is there a 1/2 power switch to run the Vendetta at 50 .
Also what is the diff in the Vintage /modern switches are they shifting between low mids/ hi mids.
what do the channels corespond closest to in the modular sys.
I know IE was twin,bassman,Eg3,EG4 from what ive heard this is more .
Vox,VX+, SL2.Erect is that close.
thanks man
its a good price

Lemme say first that I don't have my M4 yet and I've never played an IE4, but I have owned both an RM4 and TOL100 (which is supposed to be similar to the IE4, right?), so I can make a few comparisons there. Overall, the Vendetta has a bit more gain on tap and a slightly grittier voicing than the TOL100. As such, I think your comparison to the Vox/E-Rect modules would be valid. C1 has a chimey clean tone, C2 is a punchy crunch tone, C3 is a smooth mid-heavy tone (I'd describe it as "brown"), and C4 is a tighter scooped tone. So I've flipped the channels around a bit... while I use C1 for cleans and C2 for crunch, I use C4 for heavy rhythms and C3 for leads.

While I liked the TOL100, I've found the Vendetta to be a lot easier to dial in. My previous amp was an H&K Triamp II, and I'd say without reservation that the Vendetta hangs with it at less than half the price.

Also, I'd say that the vintage/modern switches impact the high mids more than anything... between those and the bright switches, it's possible to drastically re-voice each pair of channels.

Finally, before I forget, there is no half-power switch on the Vendetta, although with channel volume controls and an overall master volume it's pretty easy to dial down. If you really wanted to do true half power, it would be safe to pull a pair of power tubes to cut it from 100w to 50w.

--B

Thanks Blue,
Sounds very cool, ill definetly think on that . it funny because all of the amps in your stable ive dug.
The HK edition was great it was a very different tone super smooth and as much as people will scoff the Vox Us High gain Soldano model is killer through a tube amp.
Ironically I think in term of eq voicing thats what im after at the end of the day A tight low with alot of Attack and pick definition upper mid punch and focus and smooth high .im that 80s guy ..lol Crue ,whitesnake, lynch
I had talked with steve snider and he had suggested Egnater .he said they are very thick ,Harmonically rich .kinda like a warmer Soldano.

Yea... Sean picked up the Vendetta, and I managed to unload the DRRI head as well.

Still have the H&K Edition Tube and Vox Tonelab SE available. ETA on my M4 is 1-2 weeks, so I need to get serious about selling these.

Let me know if you've got interest, else they'll be going off to e-bay later this week.

--B

Alright... the Vox, the H&K, and about half a dozen other things are going to e-bay tonight. Thanks to Sean again for picking up the Vendetta!

--B