200G2 Head Settings

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callison

Reaction score
I've played my cab on a mesa, and i really like the cab, it's the the head that i have a problem with. I just can't find the settings. Anyone have some settings i could try for some good tones. I'm just looking for a good metal tone and a nice church crunch sound.

I have a RH200SC as a backup for my WARHEAD.
level - 5
contour - 6
bass - 10
voicing - on
mid - 0
treble - 8
gain 2 - 10

Gets good harmonics and a nice crunch. It's hard to get a lot of bottom end out of it.

My settings:-

Gain channel 2
Gain 4 - 6
Bass 4
Middle 6
Mid voicing ON
Treble 4.5
Contour 5
Level 10

That gives me a very thick sound which cuts through properly in my death metal band (hence higher mids and lower gain)

I boost this with an SD1 (level max, tone noon, gain min) so without a boost the gain and treble would need to be slightly higher

Regarding getting a lot of low end, I've found the eq to be very interactive, ie. turn the treble up and the low end and mids disappear. Run the treble quite low and it levels small buildings with the amount of low end.

I messed with it a bit more today. I get some good low end now. I never noticed how sensitive the eq is on it before. I don't play through it very often but I am recovering my WARHEAD. The tolex is ripped to hell. I am a bit rough on my equipment.

I have an RH200SC G2

level - 7
contour - 4
bass - 7
voicing - off
mid - 4
treble - 7
gain 2 - 7.5 (to stop the squeal)