Wanna get ERECT???

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say Matt...great rack buddy!

There's a bit too much high end in those clips...looks like the Treble is up waaaay high, sounds like a transistor radio almost in places....weird...is that through the Neo cab too or a mix of the two cabs?

JKD said:

There's a bit too much high end in those clips...looks like the Treble is up waaaay high, sounds like a transistor radio almost in places....weird...is that through the Neo cab too or a mix of the two cabs?

The treble, bass, and mids are all up in my mixes....I roll off some treble in mix down....I can roll more off next time...It's hard to find a tonal balance that fits everyone's interest...I guess it's better than mud... :) Thanks for the tip and the next video will have less treble... :D

Mattfig said:
JKD said:

The treble, bass, and mids are all up in my mixes....I roll off some treble in mix down....I can roll more off next time...It's hard to find a tonal balance that fits everyone's interest...I guess it's better than mud... :) Thanks for the tip and the next video will have less treble... :D

Oh, once you place it in a mix and produce it..am sure it sounds totally different. :D

Is the intro/outro music also the ERect?

JKD said:
Mattfig said:
JKD said:

Oh, once you place it in a mix and produce it..am sure it sounds totally different. :D

It's actually the same settings used to record the clips....And yes, they are both fully Erect! 8)

In fact, in the vids for Mark X and Stein use those modules exclusively in the clips too...

Mattfig said:
JKD said:
Mattfig said:
JKD said:

It's actually the same settings used to record the clips....And yes, they are both fully Erect! 8)

In fact, in the vids for Mark X and Stein use those modules exclusively in the clips too...

S'what I figured....coz apart from sounding a bit distant (too much 'verb or panning?)...the tone sounds the same...It sits in the mix right?

I'm a total n00b.....so take my comments with a pinch of salt btw! :D

There needs to be more module videos like this. Lots of different tones and settings explored in real time. Rather than one or two tones.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mattfig?blend=22&ob=5
The Jaded Faith Erect module...
Keep it up Fig!!
(No pun intended)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't suppose there is going to be a 1959RR demo in the future.
Don't make me beg....

funny stuff Mattfig, always a laugh, i'm so excited for my donor to return as an Erect! I look forward also into doing a detailed vid for the few of my modules!

What does the Vintage - Modern swtich do that the Orange - Red switch doesn't? (Please pardon my ignorance. I've only ever owned a 2-channel Triple Rec, on which Orange = Vintage and Red = Modern.)

Ieko: On newer rectifiers you have a green channel (clean or pushed) Orange and Red both with Raw, Vintage and Modern settings. The orange and red channels have different tone stacks in them, with the orange having some more midrange girth and a bit less of the fizzy highs but still plenty of cut. On the amps I know the modern setting actually effects the poweramp by removing negative feedback adding more bandwidth and power to the lows and highs. As for JFs module, I'm guessing he has some super secret way of replicating that as best as possible from within the pre-amp.

Simply put: Sepherus is correct, the red/orange is basically a midshift, the vintage/modern is different gain staging, very distinct differences with both switches, true to the actual amp tones