• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Modules Wanted

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm on the hunt for some used modules if anybody is looking at offloading any at a reasonable price.
Modules I'm interested in are- Blackface, Tweed, Plexi, SL+ and the Grail but open to any others if the price is right as I'll probably want to get them all eventually. Currently have Top Boost and Mr Scary with RM20-> Marshall 4x12 with EQ pedal in the loop. I think I just found God. His name is Randall MTS.
Thanks heaps,
Rick

Well, have managed to score a Tweed, Plexi and SL+ so far. Plexi and SL+ were modded by Dave Friedman at Racksystems a' la' Steve Stevens. Killer.
Would still love to get a Blackface and I have a Mr Scary I'd trade for a Grail if anyone's interested.

Hi Rick,

I'm curious about what are those modifications done to those modules (Plexi and SL+).

Could you share that with us ?

Thanks,

Claude

I'm not too sure what the mods were. I'm not really tech minded.
I found out that Steve Stevens was using the RM100 now with modules modified by Dave Friedman instead of his 5150's. I've always been a big fan of his tone, even before I played guitar, I would hear a Billy Idol tune on the radio and think the guitar sounded cool.
Over at gearslutz.com, Michael Wagner was sharing some info on the recording of the new King's X album and said they were using a Dave Friedman modified Plexi a lot. Dave also modified the Marshall Billy Howerdel used on the first A Perfect Circle album, totally rebuilding the preamp in it from what I've heard. So I went on a little mission to find this mystical man. Gotta love the web.
The SL+ is the shiznit with his mod. I played a standard unmodified version when I first tried the MTS series and thought it sucked. Totally loose in the low end and did nothing for me. Now I love it. Reminds me a lot of the Mr Scary but with the harmonics jumping out at you a lot more and I can hear the individual notes in the chord a lot more.
I know there are some mods on the forum for the SL+ but I don't know if they are the same or different to what he does to them. Either way, I got a great deal compared to what new modules go for here in Australia. They were his shop demos.
Would it help if I posted some pics?

Hi Rick,

The tones you are talking about sounds really exciting, at least as much as the whole Randall MTS/Egnater stuff does.

Of course, some hi res pics would be awesome, and much appreciated !!! :D

Claude