Mark Series

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
Just got one of these today from mfred. It sounds sooo good! Has 2x push pull knobs and 3way mid shift. Took a half hour or so to find 'my tone' because there's so many combinations to try. My favourite tone so far is;
bass-tight (volume pulled out)
3way mid switch in middle position(nicely scooped)
master knob pushed in
bright on
bass & treble around 3 oclock with mids just below 12 oclock.
This gives me what I would call a perfect metal tone for what I play most of the time. I did also swap the tubes for some I had.
Goes really well next to my GTO Judge as it seems match somehow, as a vintage, lower gain, less aggressive tone. The warmth and mid punch feels kinda similar. Well done Pete! I love it. This Mark module could be the 1st one in Australia, as there's not much modded gear here.(that I'm aware of)
IMAG0004.jpg

RADE01 said:
This Mark module could be the 1st one in Australia, as there's not much modded gear here.(that I'm aware of)
very likely. Haven't seen too much modded stuff about. The guy I bought my RM100 from was also selling a Loneclean & a 1666 (I think), but I didn't have the scratch for a couple of $400 mods after buying the amp.

Another Australian, nice to kinda meet you. You could probably count the pro modded modules in Australia on one hand. It'd be great if I was wrong though.
Hey Pete, ever thought about moving to Australia? We need someone like you. Love your work.
I've also got a Gigmods Ultra on the way from BigBrewtus, can't wait.

Aussies! Holy crap!
I scored the Loneclean and 1666 off that guy your talking about.Ive also got a JF XTC and JF Mr Scary as well as a JF Voxless,JF Mark X and his new Clean due in the next few days.

Well done blokes, I can't count that many on one hand, so I was wrong. It's good to know I'm not alone in this part of the world. Do any of you know many others in Aus using mts and into modded modules? Or better still, a decent modder of the Gigmods,JF, Salvation etc standard?
I know, it's a long shot.

Tried my Mark Series at full volume tonight. New favourite module. Has amazing clarity and punch. Love those mids, in the middle position where it's more scooped, but there's still plenty of mids to cut through. Makes my other modules fade into insignificance a bit. Not the GTO & Brahma, but most others.

Ive been eyeing one of those Mark modules for a while.Ive seen and heard nothing but good things about them.
As for other MTS users over this side of the country I have found none.
I have been able to find guys willing to upgrade a few caps and things but nothing that comes close to the skill,know how and experience of the international guys

I had no idea it was only 6-10 days for Priority Mail to get to you guys until I sent Dave's latest package out last Thursday. That's pretty reasonable for halfway around the world!

BigBrewtus said:
:twisted: Wait till you get the Ultra. It will dare you to try at full volume. :D
I am waiting patiently, sometimes impatiently. Hopefully next week it'll come. When rehearsing with my band we end up cranking up as loud as the speakers in one cab can take it most of the time, just under the volume that you kinda lose tightness and definition. So I just may dare.
I noticed the Mark Series was a bit quieter(volume wise) than the others. Also I got a fair bit of hiss when up loud and not playing. I assume that's normal? Sounds great though!

No offense to Pete but his modules seem to have some noise but loud his mods do get. :D I think most Mark modules are a bit quiet to keep clarity.

Pete's Mark is based on the Ultra Lead and from what I remember it's slightly lower in volume than other modules because of the way the gain stages/output is....so have to bring up the volume a bit.

No real noticeable hiss on mine until the gain goes above 7 (of 10)...typical high gain sort of hiss.

I got lots of noise sources around me (florescent), plus a bunch of pedals/cable in front...it's quieter without those too :D

Ok thanks guys. I found that I also like it with the mid switch in the down position with the mid pot between 9 and 12oclock. A bit fuller in the mids like this. Great John Petrucci tone, sounds excellent.