Amp Help Needed - Randall RG100 G3 Plus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UncleDuke

Reaction score
Just joined the ranks of Randall users and immediately had to pose a help question. :roll: :roll: :roll:

After a few weeks of looking for a new amp, I finally pulled the trigger on a Randall RG100 G3 Plus.

Went to check out the amp, played for about 15 minutes, loved the tone.

Got back home, plugged in, played for about 2 minutes before I started to tweak the amp's tone (increasing the overdrive) and it just shut down.

Flipped the switch off, waited a little bit, turned it back over and everything started back up. Jammed for a few more minutes and it died again.

This happened three more times in a row.

I talked to the guy, he's more than willing to make it right. He said that he'd had the amp for about 1 1/2 years. Gigged w/ it, recorded with it, but he got a different amp and this one just sat for 7 or 8 months.

I know this could be a lot of things, but could it be as simple as a fuse? I'm trying to find out more about this amp, but I haven't found any manuals or anything.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm more used to full tube amps (I've got a Fender Deluxe and had a Blackstar before that) and I'd take them in annually for a service and to swap out tubes.