THE JUDGE MODULE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, my RM100's away for repair right now but I think I can remember. I'm dying to have it back though!

gain: 3ish (o'clock)
bass: 3ish
mid: 1ish
treble: 2ish
mode: left
bright:eek:n
res: 2-3
pres: 1-2

I love this tone. Another Judge down here, I don't feel quite so alone. How did you buy yours? I thought Randy was out of stock.

hey,
got mine through funky munky as well as my RM22 just a bedroom player these days but this is my first Randall amp and the Judge is my first module and loving it i am running it through a blackstar artisan 2x12 not really liking this cab have you any thoughts on a better cab????

thinking Mr.Scary will be my next mod whats it like??

cheers..

I got mine from Funky back in Jan. Took 2wks from memory. It's a great module, higher standard than most stocks. I have 3 cabs, but for smaller practice at home I use a Marshall 1936. But I never liked the G12T75's so I have a V30 and a Lorantz Greenback clone, they sound perfect.
Mr Scary is quite a nice module, easy to dial in and great for hard rock & 80's gear. Can do some types of metal too. Plenty of gain for me.

Yeah the Scary is one of my favorite stockers. Very marshall flavor. A bit loose in the mids but not so loose you dont have clarity. Just enough. I
really liked it. I would love to try a Judge though. RADE how would you compare the 2?

Judge - RM4 into Rocktron Velocity 300 (Reactance: 10, Definition: 4)
Gain: 5:00
Bass: 5:00
Mids: 2:00
Treble: 2:00
Level: 10:30
Bright: on
Mode: 1/off (switch to the left)

It is a cool module. When I 1st got it I didn't like mode 1 at all. It was way too bright. After it burned in I love mode 1 and mode 2 is so-so.

Scary would make for a good 2nd module to pair with it. Judge for rhythm & Scary for lead. The Scary also does a really good rhythm tone. These 2 modules & a boost or TS9 pedal & you are probably covered for everything Dokken, Whitesnake, VanHalen, RR & Jake Ozzy era, etc.

Yeah the Scary is a great choice to complement the Judge. The gain on Scary starts about where the Judge's gain ends. Its' got a more compressed kind of distortion i think(if that's the right word), but the bass is a bit tighter/punchier on the Judge, could be because of the lower gain. Both have great harmonics. I've got a modded Scary on the way too, which is much tighter than stock so I'm looking foward to comparing them.

Just got my RM100 back and was just having a 'Judge'ment session. Playing some hard rock that may contain traces of 'roll' at low volume in small room and I found I also like the settings at

gain: max
bass: max
mid: 12:00
treble: 3:00
bright: on
mode: left
pres: 1:30
res: 3:00

Tried it with the mode to the right again but it just doesn't have the same clarity, even with the treble all the way up. It's like the tone really jumps out from the speakers on the left setting.
I have a TAD 7025 S in V1 and a Mullard reissue in V2. Sounds great, but I'm always open to trying others. Haven't tried it with EL34's yet, I do have a matched quad of TAD EL34B-STR's. Maybe I should try them again. It's been a while and I have many more modules to try them with now.

THEJUDGE said:
hey,
got mine through funky munky as well as my RM22 just a bedroom player these days but this is my first Randall amp and the Judge is my first module and loving it i am running it through a blackstar artisan 2x12 not really liking this cab have you any thoughts on a better cab????

thinking Mr.Scary will be my next mod whats it like??

cheers..
About your speaker cab, I think that maybe it's the speakers that you don't like. What speakers are in the Artisan cab?
I went through about 6 speakers till I found the one that matched up best with my RM50's