Randall Jaguar speaker info?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slobrain

Reaction score
Hello,
I was hoping some one could help on info on the background of the old Randall jaguar cabinets and speakers. I spoke to a rep at Randall and was told the company had gotten bought out some years back.

The rep could not tell me who used to manufacturer of the jaguar speakers for Randall were as he said he did not know. I find that to be pretty bad as a company should know who made what for them from what manufacturer. Shouldn't a company keep all prior information available to the equipment it sells regardless of how old it is?

I feel these jaguars may have been eminence made but could also be china made. Regardless I found the sound of these speakers to be more pleasing in rock sound and clean to me than most celestions I have used, and I have used many celestion speakers over a 25 year period.

These same Jaguars seem to make the RG100 and other older randall amps sound much better than the Marshall cabs can do.
Thanks
Slobrain

Randall has been bought out twice since the Jaguar days. No, they don't know all the info they should because of it. I can open up my 4x12 loaded with Jaguars later and see if I can find any info.

Someone posted on this forum (It may have been R/D Man) that the jaguar speakers werre made by Eminence. You could e-mail them for more info. Perhaps they have something similar under their current product line. You could also try www.tedweber.com. This guy is a spraker guru and I've heard that he can custom build speakers