Finally got it right!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xspiderfingersx

Reaction score
Ok heres the story. Ever since i got my rm100 i've been really depressed because it sounded amazing with certain cabs and horrible with my marshall 1960a. Sooooo i finally took the plunge and sold it and got a new cab and Im blown away. It sounds soooooo much more amazing with my new cab im on air right now cannot wait for my show saturday just to here it full volume for the whole set rather then ten minutes before my parents threw a fit haha!

FRAMUS DRAGON or anything with v30s for this sucker is the only way to go!

yeah,i played thru an 80's marshall jcm800 1960A cab with the stock g12t speakers for 15 years or so.once i heard the V30's speaker in a mesa boogie cab a few years ago-i immediately bought it and NEVER looked back!!! ...sweet sounding mids/highs & tight bottom end!!!

Glad to hear man! As with any amp, the right cab and speaker combo can make one amp shine and another one sound terrible! Good thing you found one that works better! Cabs I've tried with the Randall stuff that sounds great were (obviously) the Randall cabs including the MTS 2x12 and the RS125CX and Mesa cabs! I have my EarCandy cabs coming SOOOOON so I can't wait to try them out, I've heard they sound even MORE massive than a Mesa cab. A couple of guys have told me running a 2x12 sounds JUST like running a 4x12 cab... and I have TWO 2x12s coming... time to reinforce the house.... :lol:

hey also guys if you are digging on the Celestion V30 tones you should really check out a site avatarspeakers.com Dave over there is selling these speakers called Hellatones, which are Celestion V30s (you can peel off his sticker and see thats what they are) with a special break in process applied to them. Hellatone describes very well the tone, they are warm, rich and sound just as good from day one, they are like little 12" round tanks of sound, they can take anything you try to throw at them.. and Dave is an awesome guy to deal with

Hi guys !

I run a RM100 into a Randal MTS 4x12 with V30's,

There are alternatives but this is a Killer combination.

+1 for Avatar. I bought two 412s several months ago, one with V30s, the other with Greenbacks. I had a small problem with one of the cabinet logos (the Avatar badge) and Dave sent me an entire grille w/o my having to ask for it. They are the best, and the cabs sound awesome too. Add great pricing and Avatar can't be beat, IMO.

Matt

avatar is going to continue to blow up in the next year, i think we all need to buy them while the price remains right haha.

For the holidays im getting an orange avatar 2x12 with v-30s to match the new head im having made for my crate vc50 combo

+1 on Avatar.

I replaced the stock G12T-75 in my RM50B with a Hellatone 60 (Vintage 30) and it sounds great. Avatar's prices are great and if you buy via one of their Ebay auctions, you can usually get an even better deal...that's what I did. :)

OMG I think I just died.

When I first had my Preamp, I was unimpressed because I was running it into a Marshall 1960A. After I got my Genz Benz Cab, it was better, but there is still something "Missing"- (also I notice that my high end is ear piercing at high volumes. I often have to turn the presence down)

Today though, I was at an Audition; and the other Guitar player let me use his Marshall Slash Signature Limited Edition cab (loaded with Celestion "Vintage 30"). It was like I was playing through an entirely different rig...it had INSANE tone!! I think I had to change my undergarments three times.

My Genz Benz is going on the "Bay", I'm getting a Cab with V30s ASAP!

Does anyone have any (reasonably priced) suggestions?

Already there.

I'm just researching on which speaker combinations for the 4x12 are the best for me. I'm looking for good clear bass response, and warm high gain tone.

edit: has anyone tried the Celestion G12T-100 speakers?

They have a combo set up that they do with v-30s and the gh12s (I dont remember if thats the specific name of the speaker) thats supposed to give you the bass response of the gh's and the warmth and midrange of the v-30s. I use a cab with just v-30s and i love it.

Those are G12H. They are a darker vintage thirty, called the Heritage. Call Dave up and ask about it. An even better route, if you want V30 and Heritage is to get teh Hellatones from Avatar. Dave breakes these speakers in so they sound better right off that bat. 2 of each in a 4X12 cab should rock your world!

This is also promising. I'm buying a RM100 as soon as I sell off my amp and I have a mesa 4x12 with v30s. Exciting.

i have a 4x12 avatar and a 2x12 avatar with g12 t-100's and they kick ***. huge bass scooped mid and tight highs, i've never played v-30's i heard that they are muddy plus with the 100 watt per speaker rating i don't think you can hurt them. i've been pretty good at that in the past. they blow away line 6 cabs and 5150 cabs which is all i can compare to

maximus1 said:
i have a 4x12 avatar and a 2x12 avatar with g12 t-100's and they kick ***. huge bass scooped mid and tight highs, i've never played v-30's i heard that they are muddy plus with the 100 watt per speaker rating i don't think you can hurt them. i've been pretty good at that in the past. they blow away line 6 cabs and 5150 cabs which is all i can compare to

V30''s are anything but "Muddy" sounding. However, they can get spiky in the mid-high's and high range. Cool on the G12T's though!