cold Machine, where's my amp ? Possibly a fraud....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drewiv said:
Just to chime in, but trying to stay out of the deal - International USPS tracking blows. It will be at your door before tracking reveals it has cleared customs. At least this has been a few of my experiences.
+1 on that.

I wouldn't quite go as far as calling it a fraud yet. CM is a stand up guy. On the other hand USPS are not so stand up. I have faith that CM will make it ok. It's just going to be a nightmare to track a lost international shipment. If we can help let us know.

Peace, Joshua

All I asked was a proof that he actually bring the package to his local post office and start the shipping.

vicknott said:
All I asked was a proof that he actually bring the package to his local post office and start the shipping.
The best you can do is contact USPS and see if the package was scanned into the system. Other than that, there really is no way to "prove" that it was or wasn't shipped. It's kind of a pain sometimes. I had a package once that was shipped to the wrong place and took 2 weeks before it finally arrived. I had no way to know what was going on until I bugged USPS and got the info. At first no one knew what was going on and I hit a few brick walls. Don't be afraid to make some noise. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. It turned out that after it had been delivered, to the wrong address, the tracking info stopped updating. It was very confusing and frustrating, but they did reroute it and get it to me. However, that was not an international shipment. I wish you the best, my friend.

vicknott said:
I haven't heard from him for 5 days now, e-mailed him everyday and nothing. The status is the same.
I've replied to several of your e-mails recently. Do you remember sending this? "I checked the local post office and they said the package is on the road, between USA and Romania, so we'll have to wait some more..."
If they told you that they must have some information on your end.
When I shipped the package I printed the label and custom docs and dropped it off at the local post office. There is no other receipt. I will try contacting customs on this end, but if it's in your country there isn't anything I can really do at the moment.
If it doesn't turn up I'll make it right, but at the moment, as far as I can till it's in transit somewhere.

It must be in transit like the romanian post office said, ok, but it's been 20 days already, the waiting and the lack of information are killing me. I'm not saying it's your fault.

fwiw...
a year or 2 ago I waited several weeks for a module from Europe..really sucked waiting that long. Sometimes it just takes way to long.
GtrGeorge

I'm on 5 weeks waiting from EU...Scanned into the system and that's all....Not the sender's fault at all in my case...Probably yours too...

I can't get an answer from ANYONE at either Post to find out what's going on....It's funny 'cause they charge ridiculous shipping and then have zero accountability for your package - even with a tracking number...

Patience with modules is a tough exercise....It'll make it that much cooler once it arrives...:)

5 weeks ? :shock: 3 weeks here. Let me know when you'll get it, maybe I'll cool down a bit.

Yeah be patient international shipment is never quick unless you pay an arm and a leg in shipping.

My Mamba SE took 20 days to get from Anthony to me and I know LunatiBSW has his module in limbo here in states as well and I believe his left our customs after my mamba and he still has yet to get his delivered. USPS really needs to have a better tracking system for international shipping.

FYI from what I've seen on international amp sales (i.e. Ceriatone) the shipping can take like 3 to 6 weeks, unless you pay the extra money for air. Customs is always a wild card. I bought a module from Canada and it was shipped quickly, but it took almost four weeks to get here. That meant 3 to 4 days to get to the border, and 3 days to get to me via USPS. The rest of the time sitting in customs.

This is why I don't do international purchases or sales.

USPS priority mail 6 to ten business days is only to the country of origin. Once there customs gets it and as Julia said it can be a crap shoot, then it goes to you. Tony from Salvation put out an email to his customers stating that some customs stuff had changed and it can almost double the shipping time over the pond. I got my stuff from him in about 4 weeks, so you could be waiting up to two months. I say be patient. I've never seen an amp make it through customs and to someone's house in less than 3 weeks.

Peace, Joshua

Julia said:
FYI from what I've seen on international amp sales (i.e. Ceriatone) the shipping can take like 3 to 6 weeks, unless you pay the extra money for air. Customs is always a wild card. I bought a module from Canada and it was shipped quickly, but it took almost four weeks to get here. That meant 3 to 4 days to get to the border, and 3 days to get to me via USPS. The rest of the time sitting in customs.

This is why I don't do international purchases or sales.

It really depnds on how you ship it....if you use ems it will get there in 3 weeks max...tracking is good up to the point of delivery to the individual...and it costs about 2 - 2 1/2 times as much as shipping in the states..for example...a module shipped/insured for $400 in teh conus is around $18...most places overseas the cost is between $40$45.....you can ship 1st class internation for just alittle more than here in teh states but no tracking is provided and it takes a few weeks longer....I have shipped about a hlf dozen items abroad recently and the longest it took was 12 days and that was with 1st class shipping,the buyer didnt want to pay more for ems,which was fine with me,I just explained to him it would take longer and no tracking and he was ok with it...anyways....If the item was shipped in a timely manner after payment you should have it in 4 weeks tops..otherwise your seller probably shipped it later than was stated or there is a slightly off chance that it is lost...really hope this works out...seems that sticky situations always follow certain sellers.....Good luck....

Now not from US but Japan, I've seen tracked packages held 2 weeks in retention by customs

not to mention status updates being as slow as a snail,
I've also seen trackingnumbers put into systems AFTER I recieved the package

The wonderful world of logistics :roll:

I live in west Australia with initials W.A. It's a long standing joke in this place it stands for Wait Awhile. You get used to long long waits for gear in this corner of the planet.

vicknott said:
6 weeks and still counting.... :roll:
Man...I haven't heard anything from you since the beggining of august so I assumed you'd gotten it by now. Give it two more weeks and if it hasn't shown by then we'll work something out. I know this doesn't help, but I have two packages sent from within the states, pretty close to where I live that were sent monday and still have not arrived and a clerk where I work sent a set of important contracts from North Carolina to Tennessee 2 weeks ago and they never arrived. I could walk that distance in two weeks and I've had two heart attacks and back surgery. I'll shoot you an e-mail today and we can try to figure something out in the event that the amp doesn't show.