Blue (drop?) Capacitors

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
My Brahma and 1086 have 3 or 4 each these smaller blue drop like caps, and I want to know if they're any good? Do they compare to orange drops? Or should I just upgrade them to orange?

They sure are NRM, so you think they're decent? No need for getting rid of those?
Thanks for the info.

Mattfig said:
I prefer to call Orange Drops Tootsie Rolls...Those 600s are HUGE! Thank God for long leads....
I've been using 400's, so in the 225p type they're not too big.

RADE01 said:
They sure are NRM, so you think they're decent? No need for getting rid of those?
Thanks for the info.

The NRMs you have should be the same material as the orange drops. I've used them and haven't had any problems. If I remember correctly, that particular series is discontinued, so you probably won't see many mods with them. The same is true for the Panasonic caps that were used on the mods for a while, also blue. They had a low price tag which probably attracted Randall, but they're still good caps.

Orange Drops are overpriced, IMHO, as well as, too big to be practical when adding on extra features.

Are the blue Panasonic caps the really squared shaped ones?
What do you think of the usual brown drop like caps Randall often uses, some of mine say NRM on them but most don't have any brand.

Thanks again for the info Mr Groove.

The Panasonics looked like the NRMs. Most of the modules I've seen have Xicon polypropylene caps, which work fine and I've never had a problem with those either. Egnater used them, as well.

Come to think of it, the one's I have had problems with are Orange drops, but it's probably just coincidence. :wink: