bass amps..?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy8492

Reaction score
I have a great 87" randall RB-125-115 for my main gigging amp and i love it but when i look at randalls website i see that when the company changed owners that randall no longer makes any serious bass amps. all i can find is a little 35 watt..but nothing like the big heavy 5-band EQ, analog handwired solid state monster that is the RB-125..

any news on when randall is gonna start making bass amps again..if ever?

Derek

It seems Randall could put out a good solid state bass amp.
I have no idea what they are planning.
They don't exactly keep people updated.
The company is still in the process of restructuring.
It's anybody's guess...

flyboy8492 said:
I have a great 87" randall RB-125-115 for my main gigging amp and i love it but when i look at randalls website i see that when the company changed owners that randall no longer makes any serious bass amps. all i can find is a little 35 watt..but nothing like the big heavy 5-band EQ, analog handwired solid state monster that is the RB-125..

Derek

Well, they USED to have the RB300 head a few years ago, which was probably the bass version of the RH line since it had the Valve-Dynamic deal.

But honestly, that thing was almost completely ignored. Not a lot of press behind it except for the guitar world review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_XGdwArKJY

And to be honest, I really don't think a lot of people really have heard about it since people probably mostly focused on their guitar amps. :cry:

how sad..randall made some excellent bass amps back in the day. im sure the RB300 was a decent amp. ive found an old RB-120 head with an original 2X15" cab to go with it. im sort of on a mission to save the old randalls now haha.

it would be nice if randall brought back all the great combos they made from the 70's and 80's but its probably unrealistic to hope for that.

Derek.

NeedsMoreBlueBell said:
flyboy8492 said:

Derek

Well, they USED to have the RB300 head a few years ago, which was probably the bass version of the RH line since it had the Valve-Dynamic deal.

But honestly, that thing was almost completely ignored. Not a lot of press behind it except for the guitar world review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_XGdwArKJY

And to be honest, I really don't think a lot of people really have heard about it since people probably mostly focused on their guitar amps. :cry:
That clip sounds great.
It is a really good bass tone with some nice features too.
I'm on the hunt for one...