My Egnater M4 Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gtr31 said:
Wow .that was awesome .
Im torn between the MHG and EG3/4.

Is it possible or do you have any clips of the MHG in standard tuning a la Lynch ,scorpions .Ratt type tones .

how does the eq curve differ between the Eg3 and MHG also I had heard the hi gain mods get very noisy .what is youre exp with this .

Thanks and great clips

Thanks!
While I don't have any other clips at the moment, but the MHG is great for Lynch, Ratt, etc...
The EG 3/4 is definitely more middy and smmoth, in general, while the MHG is more aggressive all around.
The noise is a bit higher on the mhg, especially when running the bright ON.

Joe

You inspired my Eggie GAS again Joe, I just scored a used VX dual channel module from John on here! :D I can't wait to try it out! 8)

guitarguy510 said:
You inspired my Eggie GAS again Joe, I just scored a used VX dual channel module from John on here! :D I can't wait to try it out! 8)

Matt,
Glad I could help!

:wink:

Joe

Joe; through a closed back 4x12 with v-30s does the MHG get a suitable low end for chugga chugga kinda stuff? The band im using it for tunes to A sharp and that does a lot of it for us, but does it get a good bass response? Im way into mids personally, but it does need to get that chug too haha!

thanks in advance,
dave

xspiderfingersx said:
Joe; through a closed back 4x12 with v-30s does the MHG get a suitable low end for chugga chugga kinda stuff? The band im using it for tunes to A sharp and that does a lot of it for us, but does it get a good bass response? Im way into mids personally, but it does need to get that chug too haha!

thanks in advance,
dave

Plenty of low end. I don't even use the Bass boost for my needs, and its full of lows.

Joe

seriously thanks a million for posting these. everytime i want to spend money on something dumb i listen to these and i dont want to anymore because i want my egnater already

jdzialak said:
For everyone who asked.
EBMM Axis into Egnater M4. A sprinkling of 2290, and into the Marshall 2203 power amp. E609 Silver via amp clamp in front of a GB in my Bogner 4x12. Pro tools on the laptop. No tweaking.

Joe,

Loved the tones and playing ability, thanks. I listened to them many times, and it prompted me to get the M4. It should arrive on Friday from Tour Supply in Nashville, won on eBay. It's loaded with the 2 channel Twin, Vox, SL, and E-rect modules.
Question- I'm curious , what are you referring to above concerning the "clamp in front of a GB in my Bogner 4x12" ? What's a GB ? and... Did you mic 2 cabs or just one ?
I'm planning on using ( 2 ) 2x12's , one Traynor w/ celestions, and the other Basson, w/ Eminence speakers, thru a Mesa 20/20 EL 84, with an Eventide GTR4000 in the Fx loop for a small studio setup. At least that's my tentative plan....

Thanks,

Howard

seeker said:
jdzialak said:
For everyone who asked.
EBMM Axis into Egnater M4. A sprinkling of 2290, and into the Marshall 2203 power amp. E609 Silver via amp clamp in front of a GB in my Bogner 4x12. Pro tools on the laptop. No tweaking.

Joe,

Loved the tones and playing ability, thanks. I listened to them many times, and it prompted me to get the M4. It should arrive on Friday from Tour Supply in Nashville, won on eBay. It's loaded with the 2 channel Twin, Vox, SL, and E-rect modules.
Question- I'm curious , what are you referring to above concerning the "clamp in front of a GB in my Bogner 4x12" ? What's a GB ? and... Did you mic 2 cabs or just one ?
I'm planning on using ( 2 ) 2x12's , one Traynor w/ celestions, and the other Basson, w/ Eminence speakers, thru a Mesa 20/20 EL 84, with an Eventide GTR4000 in the Fx loop for a small studio setup. At least that's my tentative plan....

Thanks,

Howard

Good for you man! I was watching that auction as well. But I'm just going to wait a little bit longer and not touch the emergency funds.

Those are probably the 4 best starting modules for a wide variety of tones.

Bob

There's a better deal on an M4 in the classified section of this forum, $ 1600. Check it out. It looks like a great buy.

H

seeker said:

Thanks,

Howard

Thanks Howard.
The AMP CLAMP is a clamp that attaches to the speaker cab and holds the mic in place. I'll look for the link.
GB is a Greenback speaker. I have 2 of them mixed with V30's in my 4x12.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I've been working on my setup so I can post some clips soon. Now that I have all of the components (M4> MPX-1> Mesa 20/20> 2- 2x12's > E609's > Finally into the MBOX2 > Laptop) whew.... I'll post clips of my Twin, SL , and EG4.

Howard