Has George Lynch dumped the MTS line?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love MTS too and will not buy the new Lynch amp... however the truth of the matter is the cork sniffers hate the idea of plugging in preamp modules... maybe Randall is simply reaching out to a greater demographic in a bid to relieve poor sales.

George never played the MTS Lynchbox to begin with. He used it in store demos and that was it. I've seen him a million times live and he only even brought it once to a show and didn't even turn it on. The guy doesn't even use his special speakers eminem custom made for him. He will never use that new Lynchbox either. It is neat to get paid to put your name on things and get free stuff though.

Will he use the celestion Lynchback speakers though?? Personally I got two of those super V's for my cab and I love em. Solved my problem with harsh highs. Nice crunchy and full. Who cares if he doesn't use em, I do now!

Good point. I will say it again, GL knows tone. For whatever reason he chooses to use other stuff than the stuff he endorses/codesigns (excluding ESPs), but they sound **** good.

Ive only recently got into the MTS modules recently and mostly because of the tone of the LYNCH Judge and Grail so if he has left MTS behind at least I have great tones I can still upgrade.

I saw Lynch Mob in Febraury. Then , George had a Lynch Box "dummy" with the thing not even turned on. He had a Fender Tweed, a Sullivan and either a Marsha or a Naked from Friedman that he was actually using. I am sure he got word that everyone knew he was not using the LB.

So I saw Lynch Mob again about 3 weeks ago. This time he had TWO Lynch Boxes on stage powered up. But again he was not using them. He had the same Tweed, Sullivan and Marsha/Naked behind the stacks so people could not see them. Those amps do not have a master volume (as the LB does), so George had to put a clear plexi-glass wall in front of the cabs to deflect some of the high volume from the Sullivan he had fully cranked.

G also endorses things like the Dragon Wah and a Washburn acoustic, yet he never plays them. He was using a regular wah three weeks ago. It's disappointing to have guys you admire endorse products but yet not actually use them. I hope Scott Ian is using his new Randall gear because I want those modules!

Hairyloft said:
Ive only recently got into the MTS modules recently and mostly because of the tone of the LYNCH Judge and Grail so if he has left MTS behind at least I have great tones I can still upgrade.

They are the best sounding modules Randall made. Still not good enough for George to ever use them though. Like scary groove said, he doesn't even use his sig wah either. He uses a stock crybaby live.
@ultron
There is no more mts line

I just found this. Lynch caught in the act of how he really feels about the Lynch Box
lynch.jpg