Gigmods Ultra=Brewtus Maximus

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
With my amp back I finally got a chance to properly try the Pete Ultra I got from Bigbrewtus. Brutal metal tone, good for Pantera, Megadeth and loads more. Plenty of tweaking to be done from the variations with tightness and mid push/pull pots. Turns out to be more versatile than I thought it would be. Amazing harmonics and sustain with massive amounts of gain. I love the liquid lead tones!

Do you know how the Gigmods Ultra & Gigmods Recto compare? Any similarities? Or, are they completely different?

Yes I do. Ive had both. The ultra has more sizzle in the highs. Not made to be a recto tone at all. Great modern metal module. The recto is what it is supposed to be. Best recto module Ive played. I think it is a little tighter than the real thing. A ton of clarity too.

Do you think they're enough different to justify having both? I just snagged Kyle's GM Ultra (kinda on a whim). I'm sure I'll like it... but still interested in the recto module as well... :D

SALVAGED said:
Do you think they're enough different to justify having both? I just snagged Kyle's GM Ultra (kinda on a whim). I'm sure I'll like it... but still interested in the recto module as well... :D

As much as I hate to be an enabler...the Gigmods Recto Orange channel mod is worth the price of admission...killer lead tone.

I have both and just AB'd them. To me the Gigmods Ultra has a more compressed sound, and definitely has more gain. The Gigmods recto has more of an open sound and it feels like the tone is right up there in your face, It's hard to explain. The recto does lower to mid gain much better than the Ultra, probably because it has less gain. Recto still has all the gain I need, Ultra is just over the top with gain and it's noisier. Recto is easy to dial in, hard to get a bad tone.
So yes they are quite different and I had trouble dialing them to sound the same, the closest I got was maybe 80% similar. The eq is just different.

Just to add to that, to me my Gigmods Mark Series and Ultra are more similar to each other than the Gigmods Recto and Ultra.

Now that I've owned a GM Ultra for a couple months, I must say I LOVE this thing... it just SINGS. Very vowel-like lead tones...

Anybody know what happened to gigmods?? Site doesn't seem to be aroudn anymore. Is he "retired" from active duty?

I heard a youtube vid of a gigmod soldano vs. a hairy brown eye, I thought it held in easy and actually was more pleasing to my ear.

Kapo_Polenton said:
Anybody know what happened to gigmods??

He's around. Email him directly, it's the best way to get in touch with him. I've seen him on Rig-Talk now and then as well.

I keep coming back to my Gigmods Ultra... It's probably my favorite module, most days!! I love that thing!!