New Salvation H-Watt clip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
I've linked below to my first H-Watt clip. This module is just flat-out amazing! It is unbelievably versatile and sounds just like the best HiWatt's from the 70's I've played through in the past.

Since the clip that Anthony provided initially showcased the H-Watt's cleaner voicing, I've gone the other direction: Both the Brilliant & Normal channel are maxed out here, which gives it that juicy Retro/Indie vibe, which it does to perfection.

I highly recommend this module and I'll post more clips in the future when available. Kudos and many thanks to Anthony!

Enjoy! :D

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/thatchick.mp3

Great clip!

What equipment has been used? RM4 or RM100 or something else? Mic'ed or DI?

hunter said:
Great clip!

What equipment has been used? RM4 or RM100 or something else? Mic'ed or DI?

Same recording gear I always use:

Guitar>RM100>Module>Bogner Cube w/Celestion Classic Lead 80>Mojave 201 FET>Vintech 273>Apogee Rosetta 800 clocked to a DA16x>Nuendo.

Two tracks, panned right and left. No post EQ or compression.

Thanks! :D

bmi said:
What's the module?
Salvation Mods H-Watt

H-Watt.jpg

Thus you can do it from any module.
I thought that certain modules suited better than others.

bmi said:
Thus you can do it from any module.
I thought that certain modules suited better than others.
Normally that's the case, but I've just spoken with Anthony:

No xtc, no recto/treadplate, no clean modules will work as donor.

All other donor modules work:
JTM, Plexi, Tweed, Modern, Ultra, Uxl, SL+, Top Boost, KH2, KH3, Brahma, Super V etc.

Ok, thanks. :)
Great job.
I'm always wondering how they do their faceplates.

Nice clip! This is absolutely one of those "must own" modules. I knew it from the first time I fired it up.

Mike P said:
I've linked below to my first H-Watt clip. This module is just flat-out amazing! It is unbelievably versatile and sounds just like the best HiWatt's from the 70's I've played through in the past.

Since the clip that Anthony provided initially showcased the H-Watt's cleaner voicing, I've gone the other direction: Both the Brilliant & Normal channel are maxed out here, which gives it that juicy Retro/Indie vibe, which it does to perfection.

I highly recommend this module and I'll post more clips in the future when available. Kudos and many thanks to Anthony!

Enjoy! :D

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/thatchick.mp3

That sounds great! Thanks for posting. Any chance you could record a single guitar track that just walks through some of the different tones?

m0jo said:
Sweet tone!

So what guitar is this?

'93 Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus top with a Burstbucker Pro in the bridge. I've got 250k pots in this guitar and it's wired "50's style" so it's a little darker and a little meatier than my other Les Paul's.

Thanks! :D

audiomidijace said:
That sounds great! Thanks for posting. Any chance you could record a single guitar track that just walks through some of the different tones?

Maybe in December, once my workload is a little lighter.

I wanted to create a clip that was the exact opposite of what had already been shared to show the wide range of tones that can be created from a HiWatt.

From David Gilmour to Pete Townsend to Jet and anything in between - that's a pretty wide range and this module does it all.

Nice. I've been anxiously waiting to hear this aspect of the tone and appreciate you taking the time to record and post the clip. Thanks.

It's for a cool od to it.....how much gain is on tap with it?Is it like teh Stonerverb..meaning it has a good vintage vibe to it,but plenty of gain to do modern stuff?