RT2/50 Power Amp Channel Switching Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orren

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if one of you who owns or has owned the Randall RT2/50 Power Amp can answer a question for me about it's channel switching mode.

From what the Randall website says, I understand that you can plug your preamp into channel one input, a speaker cabinet into channel one output, and a speaker cabinet into channel two output, and then switch between them. This way, you can have one preamp (in my case, it will be the Egnater M4) and switch it between two different power amp/speaker combinations.

But...

Is it possible to use one preamp and only one cabinet, and switch channels of the power amp, but keep using the same speaker cabinet?

Or would you need some sort of 2 amp/1 cabinet switcher?

Thanks!

Orren

Orren said:
But...

Is it possible to use one preamp and only one cabinet, and switch channels of the power amp, but keep using the same speaker cabinet?

Yep

Funny, I had the same question. The documentation on the Randall site is not very clear on this ability. I also read it as 2 cabinets and switch between which cabinet you are using.

Yes.

The cool thing about RM/M4 and the RT2/50 is closed back cab in 1 channel and open back in the other. Now mix/match with 6L6 and EL34's the ultimate Marshal/Fender combo.

Cool--thanks guys! I actually have an Egnater oversized 1x12 on its way with a Heritage Greenback as a recording cab, and wanted to know if I could plug only it into one side of the RT2/50, and still use both sides of the amp.

Orren