Can someone post a good clear pic of their Mr. Scary?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
This isn't any of our modder's work, this is a stock module. I know that it has been said that there is very little difference between the SL+ and the Scary but I'd like to see for myself. I'm tinkering and i'd really like to see where the gain is coming from on that module. Someone help a brother out.. I think we've done the Judge and some of the others so if someone could take 30 seconds and pull out their Scary it would be appreciated. Ideally all the board will be visible so no tube shield.

Thanks!

Here are a couple of shots for you. This is a stock Scary from '07 (occording to the tube cage). If you can can you post a blackplate SL+.
100_0630.jpg

100_0629.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

Have you seen the layout for the SL+? http://www.grailtone.com/images/randall-pdf/SLPlus_PCB.pdf

This might precede the black plate but really the only diff that i recall were one or two caps. The JCM800 mod as it is called is discussed here so that would take care of the difference:

"The current Randall SL+ as well as the original single channel Egnaters have the original Marshall mid circuit with less mid-range than the JCM800 amps. The older Marshall circuits don't have less sizzle or distortion just less mid-range which makes that sizzle or distortion more apparent. You can adjust the mid range circuit with 2 small part changes to make it more like the newer (JCM800) Marshall tone controls. To change to the new Marshall circuit you would have to change R31 to a 33K resistor and C14 to a 470pf (500V min). This would add more cutting mid-range with still about the same level of cut when the mid knob is lower. "

I have a black plate but it has been modded so I have no clue which parts have been changed and it generally is frowned upon to share pics of any of the modded modules. :? Are there any values you want compared?

Also noticed that first cap, is that a silver mica? I think someone might have put that in there to tighten up the bass maybe..