aphex xciter pedal

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
Has anyone on here used one of these? if you have which way do you like better..infront of the amp or in the loop?

or both!? lol

There's no right or wrong way to use it, but I like it MUCH better in front of the amp. Either way, use it last. For example if you use a digital delay in your FX loop, put the Xciter AFTER the delay. And it should be the last pedal in your chain before the amp if you use it up front.
Here's a link to a training video I did for the pedals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOoI_YrEGrM
Cheers,
Jace

I?m using old acoustic pedal. Yes, it can help to bad guitar/tranducer, but trainig video lies that will help good sound too. This is not true.
Anyway, for electric guitars is IMO useless (and they didn?t sell much of old red ones.) Same as all BBE sonic lies. Exciters are production/mixing tool, not tool for single instruments......but guitarists looooooves basses ;)

hyenik said:
I?m using old acoustic pedal. Yes, it can help to bad guitar/tranducer, but trainig video lies that will help good sound too. This is not true.
Anyway, for electric guitars is IMO useless (and they didn?t sell much of old red ones.) Same as all BBE sonic lies. Exciters are production/mixing tool, not tool for single instruments......but guitarists looooooves basses ;)
Well, you're wrong in every respect and I don't appreciate being called a liar, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

audiomidijace said:
hyenik said:
Well, you're wrong in every respect and I don't appreciate being called a liar, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

It is your fight.
I didn?t write that you are liar, only that exciters for guitars brings nothing good to sound. It is fake toy... same like gain on tap, br00talz sound, scooped mids and other fairytales for bedroom heroes.

hyenik said:
exciters for guitars brings nothing good to sound. It is fake toy... same like gain on tap, br00talz sound, scooped mids and other fairytales for bedroom heroes.

I have no opinion on this pedal but that was awesome.

hyenik said:
audiomidijace said:
hyenik said:

It is your fight.
I didn?t write that you are liar, only that exciters for guitars brings nothing good to sound. It is fake toy... same like gain on tap, br00talz sound, scooped mids and other fairytales for bedroom heroes.

Someone better tell ALL these bedroom heroes that they are using fake toys...I sure wouldn't want to be the one to explain it to Kerry King... :D
http://www.bbesound.com/users/index.asp
They are never gonna make it if they don't understand the basics of tone...Idiots.... :lol:

Jace "Here's a link to a training video I did for the pedals."

hyenik "Trainig video lies that will help good sound too. This is not true."
hyenik "I didn?t write that you are liar."

So we've established that you can't read.

hyenik"They didn?t sell much of old red ones."

Apparently you have access to Aphex sales numbers?
Please, enlighten us...how many red Xciter pedals did we sell?

hyenik "Xciters for guitars brings nothing good to sound. It is fake toy."

You're welcome to this opinion, but why so negative? Did another player with an Xciter pedal steal your girlfriend or something?

hyenik "Fairytales for bedroom heroes."

So all of the MTS users on this forum who are not professional players are just unimportant then? Too bad we can't all be famous rock stars like you.

I love the MTS forums and I don't like to talk Aphex too much here, but there's no reason for someone to post false information with that kind of negative attitude. Like Aphex, hate Aphex (or any other brand or product for that matter) and that's fine, but there's no need to be rude about it.

Sorry for the drama everyone. You are now free to go back to enjoying your Turkey Day.

sorry guys, my english is not good enough as same as my knowledge about exciters.
my apologies, forgot my words and be happy.

hyenik said:
sorry guys, my english is not good enough as same as my knowledge about exciters.
my apologies, forgot my words and be happy.

Ahh, these disagreements keep the place interesting...Plus, they often wind up being quite informative...

I will forgot your words and happy be... :wink:

It is your fight.

Mids are where it's at. Seriously. All these toys do are to make something sound good in solo. In a band, it makes you sound thin and little.

Now, in front of the amp, it's a great band-aid for old strings. Still, why not fix it at the source? A fresh set of strings (stainless steel if you're really into that over-bright thing) is the best answer to the problem that these pedals "fix."

Mids are where its at and the Xciter takes care of your upper mid frequencies as low as 720Hz.
The last thing I'll say on this thread is this; like most things, Aphex pedals are not going to be everyones cup of tea. And again, like most things the Xciter pedal can sound pretty bad when used at maximum settings. But used properly and sparingly it can really make a positive impact on your tone.
Have a nice weekend all.