Plexi 3-way switch

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RADE01

Reaction score
I've just bought a Gigmods Plexi (thankyou Davis3) and it has a 3-way mid switch. Sounds great!
Can anybody give me any info about the three different options? Like, if one is kind of like a JCM800, and the others are for other vintage Marshall's?
This is the only non-stock switch on this mod. There's about twice as much gain as a stock Plexi too, which is handy.
I'd like to know exactly which Marshall Plexi amp it's based on. Or is it a combination of a few of Pete's?

one value will probably be JTM voicing, one value will probably be JCM800 value and other beats me! something inbetween or more? Haven't seen it, just a stab, as for gain, it's probably like me Friedman Plexi, nice amount of gain on tap, quite a few changes for that!

Thanks Tbag, I'm just not sure though because the bass isn't really as tight as I'd expect from a JCM800. Does anyone change the bass cap to a lower value for more tightness on Plexi's?

So do they have a quite a lot of bass, almost too much if the gain is moderate? I'm finding I have to run the bass under noon to keep it tighter sounding. Unless I'm hardly using any gain. I think my stock Plexi is a bit like this too, but it has no where near the amount of gain so I don't notice it so much.
But yeah, I could change to a .001 cap, it's just that I read on the grailtone site that it's not recommended for Plexi. Anyone done it?

I did it a few nights ago. Put in an Orange Drop .001. Def tighter but killed ALOT of the bass. Guess that's why it's not "advised". I switched it out to an Orange Drop .0015 and I'm very happy with it now. Tight as hell and just enough bass.