Slodano?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_1807.jpg

Very cool Jerome, nice playing. Glad you are digging the slodano!

Recently did a Slodano for an LA studio guy who says it's going to be all over the new Dee Snider album... I love it when my modules get used for recording.

I'm glad my module can hang with an SLO. My module is only modding the preamp section, I'm 'stuck' with the RM power section and transformers.

If I was able to swap out the transformers for a high dollar set of DeYoungs like the SLO has (which you can't even buy) and mod the power section I could get it a LOT closer. Then again you would lose some versatility. Randall/Egnater did a nice job designing a power section that works for a variety of modules and styles.

Pete

I'm a lucky owner of your Slodano. Just got it several weeks ago from a member here. What tubes do you suggest for this module? The tubes in the module are unmarked.

jpadilla128 said:
I'm a lucky owner of your Slodano. Just got it several weeks ago from a member here. What tubes do you suggest for this module? The tubes in the module are unmarked.

Tungsol 12ax7s are overall good tubes for gainy modules IMHO.

Pete

I just about sold this thing, until I tried Pete's EQ settings (from his clip)... WHOA!!!!! I didn't realize the TONE this thing was hiding from me!! I yanked it off the classifeds, immediately. 8)

SALVAGED said:
I just about sold this thing, until I tried Pete's EQ settings (from his clip)... WHOA!!!!! I didn't realize the TONE this thing was hiding from me!! I yanked it off the classifeds, immediately. 8)

This thing is a tone machine, even at very quiet volumes! \m/