Recall?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben-jammin

Reaction score
Forgive the noob if this has already been discussed.
A local dealer told me that the LynchBox has been unofficialy recalled due to a design flaw. Something to do with the RM platform and EL34 tubes. I noticed that Musiciansfrien etc....does not have them for sale. Anybody hear of this? I have been dying to get my hands on one, but now, im not sure.

AFAIK this is very old news.

There was a problem with the traces on the powertube circuitboard being too tight, causing arcs.
I believe this was fixed a long time ago but don't quote me on it.

It is widely known though that the current batch of EL34's (the tubes themselves) are very unreliable (any main producer I think), causing breakdowns.

Hmmm. Interesting. If its the tubes themselves, wouldnt all amp manufacturers be having this issue? Its strange that the only place i can find an LB is on Ebay.

Well I remember reading about how Marshall used to put 6550s in the amps in the US so they'd make it past warranty. We're apparently harder on gear over here.

And I'm curious to know about this 'design flaw' and unofficial recall. I guess the unofficial recall means that if it breaks down due to this they fix it?

The first LB had that problem but it was fixed very quickly after, I wouldn't worry unless your buying the LB with the croc tolex and Randall logo only rather the the LB with the LB and Skull on the front.

and the only place you can find a LB is on E-BAY, that is because the LB was discontinued this year since lynch has finished his contract and moved on from what i understand.

Really? Can anyone verify that Lynch has moved on and thats why you can not find an LB? The amps are still on Randall's site.

slashnstrings said:
the only place you can find a LB is on E-BAY, that is because the LB was discontinued this year since lynch has finished his contract and moved on from what i understand.

According to others here who have asked Randall, that is not true. Check older threads. Randall are also working on a new Lynch/Friedman module for the LB.

This is the response I got about 3 weeks ago from Randall:

"The Lynchbox is not discontinued. The 50w version won?t be available, but the standard 100w version certainly is. The Lynch modules are also still available."

They are also working on or have finished the prototype of a new Lynch Module that should be coming.

I wonder why this dealer is telling me what he is then. Weird. I wonder how good his communication is with Randall. Or vice versa. Are there any on line certified dealers that have the LB in stock? I would like to buy from a dealer.

scary groove said:
This is the response I got about 3 weeks ago from Randall:

"The Lynchbox is not discontinued. The 50w version won?t be available, but the standard 100w version certainly is. The Lynch modules are also still available."

I stand Corrected.....my bad

But I see what you are saying. Some websites don't list anything. I was able to find one at the Beyond Eleven website that claims they had the 100W head "in stock", but who knows. They definitely seem scarce right now.

That arcing problem can be fixed with a little corona dope. At least that's what Trace@Voodoo amps told me. :twisted: :shock: :twisted: