T2HLE

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devon8822

Reaction score
I was just on the Randall site (T2HLE), and it looks like theres a new T2 being released. I couldn't find any info on it outside of the Randall site. But from the specs and picture on the site, it looks like its completely identical except for the wattage, and Aesthetics/knob layout. I'm dying to find out what the purpose for this new model is and how it compares to the T2. Why lower wattage? Anybody with more info on this?

devon8822 said:
I was just on the Randall site (T2HLE), and it looks like theres a new T2 being released. I couldn't find any info on it outside of the Randall site. But from the specs and picture on the site, it looks like its completely identical except for the wattage, and Aesthetics/knob layout. I'm dying to find out what the purpose for this new model is and how it compares to the T2. Why lower wattage? Anybody with more info on this?
Less money maybe? T2HLE is 50% of T2 in Euro...

The difference is that it doesn't have the 400 watt power section of the original T2. It has a 100 watt power section. You may say, "so what?", but the difference is going to be in how it sounds. Solid state sag isn't sweet like tube sag - that's why they created the original T2 @ 400 watts: to prevent that unpleasant and anemic SS power section sag.

If you plan on never diming the amp's power section then the T2HLE is a great choice.