Lynch Cab - Speaker Issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickgk

Reaction score
HI There,

I ordered my lynch cab in july and recieved it in august loaded with celestion greenbacks instead of the eminence super v's, i have since had the cab replaced with the correct speakers but i have to say that i absolutely hate the speakers in it now, I don't know if there is a problem with my particular cab but there is what sounds like a sharp peak at around 10khz that actually sounds like a jar of bees buzzing around, i was wondering what everyone elses thoughts are on their lynch cabs? I have tried my cab with various amps etc and everyone i have given to test with their gear agrees that there is something odd going on with the top end in this cab, i have a/b'd it cabs belonging to friends and the consensus is that the lynch cab sounds like you have incorporated a boss metalzone top end into the equation.

Any thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I know the local guitar shop where I bought my Lynch Box head & cab just got another one in and one of the speakers in the cab has an issue and they are calling for a replacement speaker on Monday.

Hmm well the tech that checked the cab out said that the cone on one of the speakers felt alot tighter than the other three, i wonder if this could be a contributing factor?
If anyone with any experience in this area could chime in it would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Yeah I had a problem with my 412xl a few months back it was wired incorrectly. It had absolutely no low end and I knew that there was no way 4 v30's should sound that terrible. When I took the jack plate (mic elimator) circuitry I found that 2 of the speaker wires leading to the jacks were wired in reverse which made the cab out of phase. I reversed the wires and it sounds awesome now. Just one thing to check because that type of thing must slip through at Randall.

Wow, I've read about lots of problems with Randall cabs. Wrong speakers, wrong ohm speakers, incorrect wiring, mic eliminator not installed when it's supposed to be, bad drivers, etc. I love these amps, but this is just getting ridiculous. A speaker cab has to be one of the simplest electronic items on the market......mess ups to this extent are just plain uncalled for.

yes Chad ,and just plain dangerous. if a wrong impedance is used or reverse wiring there is a possibilty of bye bye transformer

Latest posts