Eggie dual ch. Vox module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trazan

Reaction score
Just got the dual ch Vox module in the door. The Bass Boost switch doesn't seem to make any difference at all. Could anyone with this module tell me if they hear (don't hear) the same thing?

Also, the treble pot seem to remove bass when pushed a bit?

Just wondering if the module is completely healthy

:wink:

On my recto module, I found that the bright swich didn't seem to do anything. So I sold the module cheap thinking there was something wrong with it. Turns out that when you max out the gain, the bright swich doesn't do much. Maybe its the same kind of thing. Thats just my thought

That's how mine is. The bass 1 barely changes from 0, while when switched to 2 it's a little bit of a boost.
I notice it better in channel B.
The bright definitely cuts bass while getting a bit piercing. It adds chime, though. The key is, for me, to keep bright on 1, bass on 1, and keep the treble around noon. Bass knob is at 2:00, and mid is 1:00.
I love it.
Sometimes with single coils, I'll turn off the bright switch, since on Ch A it gets way too thin and snappy.
It's still my fav module. That, and the MHG.

Joe

Thanks, Joe. The module is probably healthy then 8) It seemed a bit weird though, that the bass boost did almost nothing. I really have to concentrate to notice any difference...maybe a 0.4dB difference in the "2" position.

Sounds good though. I have a single ch version too that I had planned selling when I got the dual ch....problem is, I like the single ch a bit better. What to do, what to do... :? :)

Well if you don't want the dual channel Vox you always have the option of selling it to me... hehe.... :D I just bought a single-channel Eggie Hi Gain module to see if it sounds any different than the dual channel MHG... hmmm.... :?

FYI-

Channel 1 is like the modded version of the Randall TopBoost module and channel 2 is like the unmodded - basically a cranked TB.

jdzialak said:
trazan said:
....problem is, I like the single ch a bit better. What to do, what to do... :? :)

How is the single channel different?

Joe

Generally, the dual ch modules seem to be more middy/"honky" than the single channel ones. Dialing away some with the middle pot makes them pretty similar, but not completely. The single channel Vox stretched a little further up in the high frequencies too (in the "air" department) while still sounding smoother.

I see you have your mid knob at 1:00 though, so you might just prefer the dual ch version :wink:

Yeah for whatever reason, the single channel modules DO sound different to my ear, although I haven't been able to find a hi gain single channel eggie until the one I just bought! If it sounds the same, then I'm wrong, but if not it would be cool to have around as another tone option for high gain goodness, can't get enough of those! :D I wish there was a way to accurately reproduce the preamp section of either the Diezel VH-4 or the Uberschall hehe! 8)