Mr Scary's haunted scull knobs.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratmanR2S

Reaction score
I was playing My new Lynch Box combo RM50LB2 and had my lead channel on which is the Mr Scary module when the tone started changing, The Mids and Highs all went away. I was thinking Oh no! what is wrong with my new amp! It was just sounding awesome!

I found that the mid and treble knob's both went to zero. Spooky huh.

Actually what happened was that I was playing at rehearsal volume and the vibration and the fact that the weight of the chin side of the scull knobs made them turn from 4 to zero.

I took some small pieces of black foam and cut some circles with holes in the center to put under the knobs to make them harder to turn.

I took those knobs off mine..made the mod look like a kids toy

Oh no way. they are way cool. They make me laugh. It just adds a little more character to an amp that already has a lot of it. I even added a green LED to the module to add to its spookiness. Besides you can't make them out unless your up close anyways.

I like them mostly because it is different. I hate Chicken head knobs, but the KH1 has those. I don't like the egnator style knobs either. I think I may eventually change those out on the KH1 with Chrome or Black metal knobs like on my Jacksons. Chrome would at least have some form of unity with the Scary module.

The plus side to the chicken heads is they are easy to read. the crome domes looks would be more in line with the scull's but they are harder to read.

I've been gooffin around with my Brahma lately, (trying soom mods)I wish someone made a cow scull knob with horns (a Bull) like the Brahma logo. Now that would look cool.

StratmanR2S said:
The plus side to the chicken heads is they are easy to read. the crome domes looks would be more in line with the scull's but they are harder to read.
That's true. I would have to invest in a Sharpie to mark the spot.

StratmanR2S said:
I've been gooffin around with my Brahma lately, (trying soom mods)I wish someone made a cow scull knob with horns (a Bull) like the Brahma logo. Now that would look cool.
I agree that would look great especially on the Brahma.

Gotta agree with StratmanR2S, my Gigmods Recto is one of my fav modules, but since it uses Mesa style knobs, it's harder to read. A hell of a lot cooler than chickenheads....but like you said, chickenheads are about the easiest to read.

Cool idea on the Brahma! Especially on the earlier creme facelate modules.

Anybody know of a place that makes custom amp knobs or different styles than your standard Marshall, Fender, Mesa, Chickenhead knobs? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of the Brahma skull knob.

I'd buy some chrome or polished aluminum cow skull knobs for my Brahma if they were available.

Idk. I like the way it looks. Its different. With all the amps out there why would someone buy one that they dont like the looks of. No skulls on the RM50 if you dont want the skulls. To me its a bit plain looking.

Skull knobs are pretty 80's. George Lynch is pretty 80's. Coincidence? I think not...That's some vintage cheese, yo. :p

StratmanR2S said:
Idk. I like the way it looks. Its different. With all the amps out there why would someone buy one that they dont like the looks of. No skulls on the RM50 if you dont want the skulls. To me its a bit plain looking.

Because the price on the loaded amp was less at the time was less, that's why. I don't use the appearance, I use what's inside. Personally I liked the look of the Kirk Hammett model better, but there was a $700 price difference.

Daryl said:
Skull knobs are pretty 80's. George Lynch is pretty 80's. Coincidence? I think not...That's some vintage cheese, yo. :p

:lol:
Agreed, but to me it is no more cheesy than the 1/2 million idiots sporting a tribal armband tattoo.

Julia said:
StratmanR2S said:

Because the price on the loaded amp was less at the time was less, that's why. I don't use the appearance, I use what's inside. Personally I liked the look of the Kirk Hammett model better, but there was a $700 price difference.

True. If the the SL+ & Scary module were identicle in tone I would have went with the SL+ and got two of them as it is a cheaper module. However I would have bought different knobs for it & will when my SL+ arrives. Likely not Lynch Skull knobs but something as I hate chickenhead knobs. I imagine if a huge VH fan with a PLexi module could get VH logo amp knobs they would. Really no different than those that have there guitars refinished or cabs/amps tolexed in a different color.

Yep, You really can't argue with people's personal preferences. People like what they like, but if ya got any skull or chicken head knobs lying arround you don't want let me know.lol.

That's why I like the Chrome Brahma skull knob Idea, It kinda combines the shape of a chicken head knob with the style of the skull knob.

Hamner1 said:
Daryl said:

:lol:
Agreed, but to me it is no more cheesy than the 1/2 million idiots sporting a tribal armband tattoo.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Man those tats are going to be pretty embarrassing ten years down the road.
Hell, those tats are already embarrassing. :lol:
Don't get me wrong, I like Lynch and the skull knobs are just a little bit of Lynch's style. They are cool. I like cheese. I tend to side with the more eccentric side of things. We are artists. We should be having fun and doing whatever the hell we feel like. Fuq it. :lol: