T2 Troubles

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The guy

Reaction score
I wondering if i blew the head . Right now it sounds like the standby is on, even when i turn it off.
When i the volume up it still sounds as if it's on standby, with that low volume crunch tone you usually get while in stanby

Anyone have this problem? is there a chance the stanby got disconnected inside ?
Help!!

Guy,

Based on your description I would say the 12AT7 in the power amp has gone bad. We did have a batch of these 12AT7's from Electro Harmonix that were suspect, so I'm happy to send you a couple of new tubes for you to try. You'll have to remove either the front or back panel and change the back tube near the black heatsink.

Please send me a PM with your home address and I will overnight you some tomorrow. You can also send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks,
RD/MAN

Guys,

We've had recent troubles with the **** Electro Harmonix 12AT7's, so anyone with V2 or T2 and it seems to lose volume or crackle just e-mail me your address and I will send you out a couple of new JJ/12AT7's to replace the back tube near the black heat sink.

[email protected]

Thanks,
RD/MAN

I'm not sure if this is a related problem or not. My T2 just cut out completely this weekend. All the lights were on but the sound just stopped. I switched the amp to standby then off and then powered it back up and it worked fine. Could this be a tube problem too or maybe an overheating issue.

Thanks,
Greg

Hey Head Honcho. I sent you a PM . any chance you can send out some of the pre amp tubes you mentioned^^.
Really appreciate it

Hey guys,

Sorry I just saw my messages and mailed everyone back. I will be sending tubes out tomorrow, so you can replace the EH tube in the power amp. I'm sending a new JJ tube which is what we are using now.

Thanks!!

RD/MAN said:
Guys,

We've had recent troubles with the **** Electro Harmonix 12AT7's
[email protected]

Thanks,
RD/MAN

Just so you know.. this problem is with some of the MTS modules as well.
Have a SL+ module that went crazy, pulled the EH tubes out and put Ruby's in there instead.. problem solved.