XTC Module users

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stm113

Reaction score
So I have posted a few topics on here, I am currently thinking of switching to the RM100 from my current amp (peavey 5150). The tone I am trying to get and am very close to ut not quite is this (if you can imagine this one?)

Imagine crossing the guitar tones of Ratt?s ?Lay It Down? and ?You?re In Love? with a little more modern gain, with The guitar tone on the new Tool cd (specifically the song ?The Pot?)

Really I love the warmth of the Tool guitar tone, the mids are thick, not muddy, not too dark and not too honkin?, and the Ratt tone has that bite that I love. Other tones I am in love with these days seem to be coming from artists using Randall, Bogner, Deizel and VHT amps and a couple of Mesa?s on the side.

All that being said I am thinking that maybe by reading the descriptions that the XTC module may be the one for me. But the descriptions and the tone examples on the site are well lacking to be honest so can anyone that actually uses this module give me a better description of this I am thinking about getting the unit that comes with the Blackface (which I know that I definitely want) Plexi (which I could care less about and the XTC modules, probably replacing the Plexi with the 1086?

Can anyone help me I am probably going to order no later than this Friday

I can't go in depth at the moment, but the XTC is a great module. Its especially good for leads. The only drawback with it though is that it doesn't have as much gain as most people would like- but even despite that its highly recommended.

you probably want to get that 1086 too though, it is regarded by most as the best (or at least the most versatile) hi-gain module available.

I've been able to get pretty close to the new Tool album tones with Mr. Scary.

I would recommend the XTC and 1086. The XTC is a bit spongier feeling so it will get the heavier mid-range Tool tone, where the 1086 can nail both the 80's high gain and modern nu-metal tone.